OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Lost contact enroute

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
JStegman
Post subject: Lost contact enroute
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:58 pm

Flight Plan - KTTN - HINDU - KRDG

Couple of questions - -
1. General observation - Seems to take quite a bit of time for original connect to ATIS - 4:00 minutes in three tests I have run - doesn't seem to matter what airport
2 . Specific to this flight
Clearance, ground, tower, departure, center - OK with all connections and transmissions. Then I was turned over to another freq. 134.45 - and received no response - I tried a variety of keys presses to raise them - this happened in both the standard and the beta versions.
Finally, when in vicinity of KRDG, switched to tower frequency, hotkey window showed that i was indeed connected, connected to tower and finished flight properly.

This lack of connection to 134.45 has happened on 3 flights I've attempted using this flight plan.

Logs attached - looking forward to your help.
Thanks,
John

Attachments
Logs.zip
(536.78 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Profile Quote
JStegman
Post subject: Re: Lost contact enroute
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:07 pm

I figured out why PF3 was delaying contact with ATIS- Seems I inadvertently changed the setting that controls that.
The failure to keep contact with ATC center is still evident - seems to be only on extended VFR flights. However, once near airport, the tower can be contacted.

I understand the fact that there me be a delay in responding - hope you are feeling better. It appears we are of similar age (I'm 73). I'm enjoying using the software and reliving my private pilot experiences without the cost, hassle and "danger" of real world aviation!

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:24 am
Site Admin

Hi John,
According to the log 134.45 works correctly
Quote:
02/01/2023 11:52:22 AM: 970 - Transcript: 'Piper November 518 Papa Delta Contact Washington Radar on 134.45 for flight following service Frequency change approved '
02/01/2023 11:52:56 AM: 730 - Transcript: 'Washington Radar Piper November 518 Papa Delta is with you at 3 thousand request Flight Following '
02/01/2023 11:53:06 AM: 820 - Transcript: 'Piper November 518 Papa Delta '

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JStegman
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:06 pm

OK - thanks.

Maybe I don't wait long enough for the next transmission. My recollection is that I never have any further communication but perhaps I "panic" and switch to tower too early.

I'll run the flight again.

Profile Quote
JStegman
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:15 pm

You stated:
"According to the log 134.45 works correctly"

However, I was only with them for less than 1 minute and then was assigned to New York - 134.65.
I never got a response from them in spite of numerous efforts to contact them.

When I got close to KRDG, I was able to contract the tower and complete the flight properly.

I seem to recall that I had trouble with New York on another flight - KWWD - K87.
I'll run that again.

Logs for the KTTN-KRDG flight are attached.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(492.18 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: