OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

About Checklist Sections

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Alixe91
Post subject: About Checklist Sections
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:23 pm

Salut,

Usually, in simulation, the majority of users seek to have checklits that are as close as possible to realism!

By observing the image above we see that there is something wrong with the usual procedure of a checklit!
-Before start Check (I totally agree)
-After start checks (again I agree)
Mail is missing between the two:
- Engine start

My question: can we add a checklist section: 'Starting the engines', because unless I am mistaken, reading the manual I do not see this subject covered. where can we change the title of a section? for example: change 'before Start checks to: "Before Start and Engine Start"

And if it is impossible to add checklist sections where impossible to add checklist items as confirmed in the post on this subject, that means that all users of more modern aircraft will not be able to have coherent checklists as it is in FS20.

Because with the G1000, 3000 and 5000, there are quite a few new checklist 'items' to add.

And I admit that it bothers me a lot, because I started posting on several French-speaking forums, to rediscover this software 'which seemed great to me' and was worth talking about since it works with FS20.

But if I keep spreading it and I have to talk about the positives but also the bad things about the checklist section, people will 'laugh in my face' to present a program worth 39€. And who is not going to allow them to have checklists in accordance with their planes.

I therefore allow myself to humbly ask Mr Dave the creator of this software, not to leave us in this situation, and to kindly make an update to adapt FDC live cokpit for FS20, and allow users to add the items they need for their planes and to add or be able to modify one or more checklist sections.

Hoping that you can put yourself in the user's shoes, and therefore understand our problem.

Alixe.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
start.jpg (154.17 KiB) Viewed 12175 times

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Post subject: Re: About Checklist Sections
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:05 pm

I don't think there is scope in the software to insert additional checklists, but you should hear once member of the crew call Start No1 (etc) as you start each engine, and One Stable (etc) a few moments afterwards.

There is a setting under Options > Flight Deck Calls which allows you to vary the time between each of those.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
Alixe91
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:17 am

If it can help Dave, I would like to prepare for him the list of checklit items that should be added, they are not too many less than 60.

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am

I don't think there are any plans for significant changes to the software in the future.

Dave has already pointed out that one of the key problems would be that lack of suitable voice recordings for additional calls.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: