OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

request Infos FDC

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Alixe91
Post subject: request Infos FDC
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:00 am

Hello,
the information concerning FDC is very brief!
1- Mfs20 is not indicated and on your forum a link to use it is available, so it also works with FS20 is that certain?
2- can we use FDC checklists with aircraft following JF-pa28 Turbo Arrow - Kodiak 100 - -Hjet420 - Phenom 300-Tmb930-Cessna CJ4.
3-are there any French voices.
4) can we use a voice rec voice windows french to read the checklits
5-FDC is it always updated
thank you

Profile Quote
Alixe91
Post subject: Re: request Infos FDC
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:35 am

Finally I found this link extremely descriptive of the contents of FDC.

https://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/fdc ... ockpit.htm

But there is no info about MFS20 and I'm a bit worried that it won't work 100% or that being able to add the desired planes and use the tool to create the checklits is a hassle to do it and that takes a huge amount of time!

Currently I create my checklit reading files by Here Attacks it takes me 4-5 hours for a single-engine aircraft and about fifteen hours for a 737 for example.

But all the check items listed in French are what I want. (but without verification by the software).
FDC seems to him to check each action or switch which of course is much more interesting.

But FDC has no demo and it's very frustrating! because investing and not being satisfied after having tested it is not reassuring!
and so I really hesitate to make this purchase without a demo !

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Dave has a few problems on his plate at the moment and isn't able to call in here too often, but he is the one who knows all the real answers.

Meanwhile, as just a "normal" user I can answer some of your questions, maybe others on here can answer the rest.

FDC is highly configurable and you can have it act to operate switches or leave you to do it. There is a huge range of premade lists for aircraft types and these are not in themselves language specific. For example, there are five Cessnas listed, and about six different 737s. Many new profiles are available though this site.

A choice of 16 voices are supplied which will all interact with the checklists, but there are no French voices amongst them, nor in any community created add-ons. It would be possible for you to create your own but it would be time consuming.

There are a couple of posts on here from people using MSFS, so it sounds as if it does work with it but I have no personal experience.

Hoping this helps.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
Alixe91
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:01 pm

can you tell me if there is a tool that reads checklits?
Are the voices those of PF3 that I have?
Can you show me an example of any cessna check, that I see how it is done. ?
Thank you.

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:24 am

I'm not sure I can answer all of your questions as I have never used FDC with any aircraft that has a crew of one, which is (I assume) how all Cessnas are. On aircraft with a crew of two or more, one member of crew reads out the list and the other responds. The checklists are activated at each point in the flight by a keypress, you have Pre-Start Check, Before Start Checks, After Start Checks, Taxi Checks, etc etc.

Looking at the Cessna 172 checklist it shows to work with a crew of 2, quite what would happen if you set that to 1 I don't know. If you are happy to not be alone in the cockpit that will do you fine.

Whilst looking at the C172 in the in-built editor, I noticed there is an option to print a checklist off, I have attached a copy and hope this doesn't tread on any copyright issues.

Voices:
Only one default voice matches between FDC and PF3 (our wonderful leader Dave, of course) as there was a big gap between dates of creation of the two pieces of software. However, some add-ons are available - Graham Jackson and David Leesley - which do indeed match those in PF3 so there are three English voices you use across both programmes.

John

Attachments
c172checklist.zip
(200.71 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
Alixe91
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 am

Really that's very kind of you, thank you very much
Christy. :)

I just looked at your file, it seems super easy to do and so I'm reassured, easier than with voiceAttack in fact.

I translated the manual with google and everything is very well explained.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: