OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New User - Which voices to exclude..old timers :)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
NeedToKnow
Post subject: New User - Which voices to exclude..old timers :)
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:14 pm

Hello,
I imagine this is/could be a subjective question. Looking for the most natural sounding voices and excluding the more mechanical ones.

Maybe you long time users have it all figured out by now and do not mind sharing - or a link to someone else's similar post.

I have read the manual and I know I can display the voice #s but figure maybe save some time if someone can point them out to me.

The ones I have gleaned from watching a video:

[ img ]
[ img ]

Thanks!
Enjoying the PF3 and MCE in MSFS!

Working great

Rob

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: New User - Which voices to exclude..old timers :)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:11 am

You called for an old timer? OK, here I am :)
ThomasAH wrote: *  Mon May 16, 2016 1:54 pm
I attacked a zip with two files:
VoiceSetExclusions/just-good/VoiceSetExclusions.dat excludes 50 voices (with my personal rating of low or medium)
VoiceSetExclusions/with-medium/VoiceSetExclusions.dat excludes 31 voices (with my personal rating of low)

[Additionally in my setup] I excluded KC for his exaggerated pronunciation of 3 as Tree. Even if technically correct I just don't like to hear it that strong (and that often, as he is very active in the regions I fly).

What I noticed when listening to the voices is, that many female voices do not sound good. Somehow like recordings of male speakers, already downsampled to 8bit/11025Hz have been altered to sound female, and thus adding sound artifacts.
The mentioned attachment is: http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/dow ... php?id=180

[ img ]

Profile Quote
NeedToKnow
Post subject: Re: New User - Which voices to exclude..old timers :)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:42 pm

Great! Thanks Thomas! Top notch help.

Going to fly with these settings today. Good community.

I'll just say. On page 102 of completely reading the manual. Enjoy the light-hearted jokes and really impressed with everything this program does.

I am an old timer from the beginnings of RC4 and used it until recently. The options in PF3 are the ones I always wanted in an offline ATC.

Thanks again Thomas and the OnCourse Team.
Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: