OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Can't find airport in database

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
playingitbyear
Post subject: Can't find airport in database
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:04 am

Hey guys - just got the "Can't find airport in your database" error for three airports in a row - (LECK, LEMQ, LEOC). So I decided to run the PF3 Database Refresh again in case that was the issue. It seems from earlier times that I refreshed it, that it takes about 10 minutes, but it has been running for over 50 minutes now and I'm currently at approx. 19,700,000 records processed at the time I'm writing this. Do you know how many records it usually has to process? This is for MSFS 2020. Thanks /Mike

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Post subject: Re: Can't find airport in database
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:36 am

It's up over 33 million records processed now and it's been about an hour and 30 minutes, so I'm going to let it run overnight and check it in the morning. The display readout of the record processing says "Creating ATIS data, then it processes records for about 7-8 seconds with a readout of "Processing record XX,XXX,XXX", then goes back to "Creating ATIS data", and then back to processing more records. This cycle continues. Also as added information the three airports that it could not find are all in MSFS 2020. Thanks /Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:31 am
Site Admin

Cancel it! It should complete in minutes not hours!

Please zip and attach all LOG files from your pf3/logs folder

Where (folder) are you running Makewys from,?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi Dave - I first ran MakeRwys from an old "Steam" file when I was running FSX. When that didn't work I created a new MakeRwys subfolder on my C: drive under an updates folder. When I ran the MakeRwys.exe it popped up a window for about a half second that just said version 5.11 (I think that is what it says, it closes quickly) and then the window went away. I was thinking that process took longer, but can't remember. Then I clicked on the Start PF3 Database Refresh Process and that is when it started to process through the millions of records, which I have since aborted, per your message. On that attempt I pointed to the runways.csv which was in the same folder and was also offered to me in the pop-up window to open right before starting the refresh.

After that didn't work I tried pointing at the runways.csv that was in the MakeRwys zip folder but that asked me to create a new profile since it did not show any previous ones to load. When I did that and continued I got a "PF3 Database Refresh Failed" error. I know that probably overwrote my previous runways.csv file but I have a backup on another drive if I need it.

On a last note, I opened runways.csv in Excel and it shows 78410 rows, if that gives you any information, and additionally , it does not show the 3 airports I was trying to use. I also opened the runways.csv that came in the MakeRwys zip file and it also has the same (78410) rows

Attachments
All Logs from Logs File.zip
(43.6 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:09 pm
Site Admin

Wow! It would seem you're getting in quite a mess and the process really is quite simple. You need the latest version of MakeRwys for MSFS which you can get from the following linke

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136 ... -programs/

Put it into your MakeRwys folder as for MSFS is does NOT have to go into the FS folder

Run that as Admin and what for it to complete. The run the PF3 database rebuild and when it asks for the location of the Runways.csv file you point to the one in your MakeRwys folder... and that's it really

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:27 pm

Thanks Dave - that fixed the database refresh. When I tried earlier to download the MakeRyws.zip, PF3 (in it's 5 point checklist for Rebuild PF3 Database) takes you to https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fs ... n-modules/, where I searched but could not find a MakeRwys download file. But the link you provided me - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136 ... -programs/ - did take me to the newest MakeRwys 5.13 file. I ran that, which took about 7 minutes for it's update and then ran the PF3 Rebuild Database Refresh successfully. and now have a runways.csv file that now has 82,692 rows compared to the 78,410 previously. I saw that it now included LEOC, from the three airports I could not get earlier, but it still does not show LECK and LEMQ. I get the message "Sorry we couldn't find the Airport name LECK in your database" Same thing for LEMQ.

They are in the MSFS list of available airports and I'm able to set my flight up in MSFS for those airport runways, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to be picking those two up in the PF3 database refresh. Thanks /Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:51 pm
Site Admin

How strange... you are correct... LECK and LEMQ are not in all the MakeRwy's output files, although they are referenced in the Runways.txt file. I will report this to John Dowson

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:57 pm

Thanks Dave, appreciate it. I'll check back in at a later time to see if they have been added. I'm assuming I will have to do another PF3 database refresh at that time.

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:00 pm

Hi Mike,

I'm pleased that you've managed to get MakeRwys working for you.
I've just checked the data files produced by MakeRwys for my MSFS and can see that LEOC, LECK and LEMQ are all shown as 'processed' in the runways.txt file; however, only LEOC appears in the runways.csv file - so this seems to be a problem with MakeRwys rather than PF3.

There is a note in the FSUIPC Support forum that mentions a similar problem that seems to be caused by a faulty data in the scenery files.
Unfortunately Pete Dowson is apparently no longer supporting MakeRwys, he was making the source code available for others to maintain.

I'm not sure what to suggest - I may try to get access to the source code to see if I can fix this issue.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:22 pm

Thanks Dave - I also noticed that when I went online to try to find the MakeRwys file. Pete said that he had retired and then I saw there was another person on the forum (I think from back in November) asking him if he would release the source code for others, and if I remember correctly, this is what I think Pete was saying he wanted to do. So you might be able to get ahold of that file. /Mike

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: