OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 now not working? Weird!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Mike T
Post subject: PF3 now not working? Weird!
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:13 pm

Hi Dave:

I've go no explanation for this one. After flying my last successful flight on 12/23 (I think) on the Fenix A320, I started my next flight using the PMDG 737-800 on 12/24 and comms sounds beginning with ATIS would be intermittent and would cut off in the middle. At that point I cannot contact clearance and I may or may not hear AI traffic on that frequency but they are missing key parts of the transmission like altitude, and SID info. Then PF3 goes silent and I can't contact anyone else even though I *MAY* be able to retune ATIS and get some parts of the WX briefing but then no clearance, ground, tower, etc.

I am using the beta .exe but this started before I switched the .exe and the behavior is exactly the same. Also IF I start PF3 with the frequency tuned to ATIS I will get ATIS while the program is starting up and has the frequency overlay displayed on the screen but as soon as that goes away, silence.

I've checked my sound settings, and I've even tried just having PF3 play through my speakers and not my headphones but get the exact same results. I've uninstalled any Nvidia Overlays or anything else that could conflict but I don't get this behavior with anything else. So at this point all of a sudden I've got no usable ATC. It doesn't seem to be just sound missing but something broken in PF3 itself.

So short of a complete reinstall of PF3, I have done an integrity check, I think that I've gone through all system troubleshooting steps on my end so I've attached debug_monitor from my last flight - maybe you see something!

As usual thank you, and Happy Holidays.

Mike T.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 155 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 now not working? Weird!
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:02 pm
Site Admin

It' probably something to do with that particular aircraft Mike... the log shows the master avionics switch to be OFF!

See this from the version history doc
Quote:
Please Note: Some MSFS aircraft seem to have an problem with their
Master Avionics not showing up as being 'On' when starting from Cold &
Dark. Everything appears to work when starting with the engines running.
When this happens PF3 detects Avionics are off. Should this be a problem
for you there's a new option under Options #2 / Advanced Options /
COMs, named 'Ignore Avionics Switch'. When selecting this new option PF3
will consider your Avionics are ON at all time and will not detect them
being turn off.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mike T
Post subject: Re: PF3 now not working? Weird!
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:50 am

Thanks Dave! That's exactly what it was - it's a PMDG issue. Mapped a key to Avionics Master and we're back up and running.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: