OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

LYTV Avoid Mountain

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
reecemj
Post subject: LYTV Avoid Mountain
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:29 pm

At runway 32 LYTV ATC gave takeoff heading of 305 right into the mountain. There is no clearance at the airport ( I can add one I know). Instead I add a sid in PF3 for that rwy tick the box for sid. But the tower never gave the ok to fly the sid. So my understanding is no Clearance at the airport no SID. Is that right?
Is there any other way in PF3 than to add a Clearance freq to that airport to avoid that mountain? Thanks.
Just looking for a way that is real.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: LYTV Avoid Mountain
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:30 am

You didn't post the log from the flight so we can't see what happened, but since there are mountains around the airport a vectored departure is probably not a good idea. It's usually best to NOT include the SID in your flight plan, but do tick the SIDs box at the bottom of the SID/STAR page and your takeoff instruction will not include an initial heading or vectors. It's up to you to fly the procedure to your first waypoint. If you have ticked the SIDs box and are still getting vectors something is amiss and we need to see the log.

If the airport has a Tower frequency but no Clearance or Ground, your clearance and taxi instructions are issued by Tower. When you tune Tower frequency and press 0 your initial contact should be a request for clearance. You should still be able to fly a SID. When you reach the holding point for the runway, press hotkey 6 (still tuned to Tower) to request takeoff clearance.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: