OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unusual Flight

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Unusual Flight
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi,

Just wanted your team to look at my logs to see if something was going on with a flight I had yesterday.

The flight was from KRDG-KFLO. Flight loaded normally.
1st anomaly. When requesting clearance VCP off, I called for clearance using MCE, the VCP also called for clearance even though VCP was off. Clearance was DP to 3000' (no problem).

2nd anomaly. After takeoff and handed over to departure, whenever any AI traffic was contacted by ATC, the AI traffic would respond with "say again" the instruction would be repeated and the AI traffic would then respond to the instruction. This continued the entire time I was on departure.

3rd anomaly. Once at 3000', still on departure, no climb instructions were given. I requested higher altitude a number, of times, but was denied. First waypoint was 22 miles away, but no climb given. Handed over to Center after approx. 35 miles, then started receiving climb instructions in 2000 foot increments up to FL240. Once on Center frequency AI traffic responded normally to all ATC instructions. Cruise portion of flight no problems.

4th anomaly. Approx. 125-130 miles out requested descent to 16000' and other altitudes numerous times but was denied and told to maintain FL240. This continued till around 70 miles from destination. Never received any descent instructions, so I started descending on my own. Was then constantly told to maintain FL240.

5th anomaly. While descending, tried cycling through VCP modes. Seemed to be an unusual amount of lag time between selections.

6th anomaly. Final waypoint 27 miles from KFLO, handed over to approach, VCP in mode 2 or 3, Cleared approach from FL240 to 3000'. VCP responded with "departure" cleared approach. (I may be wrong about this as everything seemed out of sync.)

7th anomaly. Did not receive clearance to land from tower, until I reported established on final approx. 2-3 miles out.

Overall it was just an unusual flight. Maybe the logs will show something.

Running FSX, MCE, AS16

Thanks again for a great product.

Tony J

Attachments
Logs0809.rar
(328.51 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Unusual Flight
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:45 pm
Site Admin

Phew! Thanks for the informative report. It will obviously take some time to go through each of these and I won't be able to study it in earnest for a couple of days. If I don't get back to you by next Monday please give me a nudge.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Thanks Dave,

Just to let you know, I flew a flight yesterday and today with pretty much the same indications as before. I've attached the logs for both of the those flights. The flight yesterday I just declared an emergency and returned, the flight today I completed to destination. Was stepped down on descent from FL240 @ 90 miles out (space shuttle approach) also, verified when being handed off to approach VCP called them "departure" and web displayer indicated current facility as KFLO departure even though KDAY approach was the same freq (118.00).

Hope this helps,

Tony J

Attachments
Logs0811.rar
(432.05 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Logs0810.rar
(186.35 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:24 pm

Hey Dave,

Just wanted to pass on some information. When I turned on my computer on the 12th, there were some updates to Windows that were finishing and also a couple that were pending, specifically KB5016616 (Cumulative),KB5012170 (Security), and KB5016987 (Net Core 3.128 Security). Once these updates were completed all flights since have operated properly with no issues. Not sure which one of these updates caused the anomalies, but I'll keep this in mind if the problem arises again.

Hope this helps.

Tony J

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:25 pm
Site Admin

How very strange. Thanks for letting us know and please do report back if you have further problems.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: