OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

"Contact approach" multiple times

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Abcdeflijus
Post subject: "Contact approach" multiple times
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi Dave,

For a while I was enjoying PF3 with no issues, but suddenly previously seen problem appeared when ATC is repeatedly asking to contact other controller and this time it was for approach, what has disturbed very nice flight :cry:
I am using MCE and Co pilot is doing all the ATC work, so theoretically he should not skip the command to contact.
By the way I was asked to contact to approach when I was actually already tuned to approach. Tried to hit 0 key few times, hoping it will trigger the contact faster, but maybe it just messed up the things more. Not sure if it's problem with PF3 or MCE, so if you could have a look at the log, maybe we could find the answer and if it's MCE will need to report this to their forum.
I'm on P3D V4.5 by the way.

Regards,
Viktor.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(608.4 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Post subject: Re: "Contact approach" multiple times
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:58 pm

I've tried it in MSFS to see if it also happens, unfortunately yes.
The difference is that in MSFS I am flying VFR and interfere with ATC with my voice, no copilot.
I have no issues with any other controller but again it happened when handed over to approach.
And it just kept going in the loop telling me to contact approach.
Even when tuned to it, different voice of approach controller kept telling me the same. Took me awhile until I've cached a gap to intervene, after that no issues. But now it happens every flight :|
Attached debug from MSFS flight if it helps.
I hope it's just me ticked some option "let controller annoy you forever on approach" and don't see where it is to untick it :D

Regards,
Viktor.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:51 pm
Site Admin

We are looking into this... please bear with us. Thank you

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:51 pm

Hi Dave,

Any update on this?
Today I downloaded latest update, with a hope that it will fix my problem, but unfortunately the problem still exist.
I'm thinking of full reinstall of PF3, maybe that would help as I don't see anyone else reporting the same issue?
By the way, did a short flight after update, just let me know if you would like to see log for this one.

Regards,
Viktor.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Site Admin

Are you 100% certain you don't have the MSFS assist options 'on' which may be messing with your radio?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:52 pm

Absolutely sure, double checked it. And it also happens on P3D, so must be something else, not related to sim.
Could it be something to do with rebuilding database? From time to time I get some add-ons and rebuilt data base.

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Hi Dave,

After some anxious time, I came back to this problem and found what it was.
Looks like it's PF3.
So I had few different profiles saved with different settings for the aircraft.
And for airliners I liked to be handed off to approach few miles earlier before last way point. 3NM if to be exact.
I am not sure if there has been some changes in that within PF3 or what happened, but it doesn't work for me anymore.
I found it by reinstalling PF3. On a fresh and latest update installation, everything worked fine. So I've started to rebuilt database and bring back my profiles. And problem appeared again. And as I said "App Handoff Dist" option is causing this. If I set it to zero, what turns it off or simply tick it off, it works ok. But any value higher than 0 brings back this constant hand off to approach on the loop. Tested it in P3D and MSFS and with 0 setting it works fine. Well, by saying fine, I mean it hands me off only one time. However, I am able to continue flying and that's good.
But what I've noticed with 0 setting, is that when I am handed over to approach, my co pilot (MCE) acknowledges that and starts tuning to approach and before he does that, previous controller is also giving me heading instructions, but that is being cut off when tuned to approach.
Later on approach reminds me to continue turn to heading XXX, which was not hear fully from previous controller.
It brings me to ILS interception course by vectors anyway, but i think this transition should be smoother.
So these are my findings and I hope they will help you somehow.
Apart from that, had a very nice last flight and just let me know if you would like to see the log, before I'll continue flying.

Regards,
Viktor.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:38 pm
Site Admin

Thank you for that information... I can certainly look into it

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: