Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to run the new version

Locked   Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Unable to run the new version
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi Mike,
I'm sorry that you're still experiencing a few problems with this program, let's see if we can resolve this for you.
PF3 doesn't need to be running for the program to try starting up (it just needs the correct library) - at the time we were trying to get it running.
However, PF3 needs to be connected to FS for PF3 WEB Display to work - the PF3 Display port isn't active until PF3 is running and connected.

So firstly, is the original PF3 Display application working with your configuration?
Assuming that the answer is 'Yes', please can you try connecting PF3 to FS before you start PF3 WEB Display - it tries 5 times at 5 second intervals.
(What I do is set-up FS for a free flight, load any flight plan into PF3 and connect it, then start WEB Display - I find that the quickest way to check)

If that doesn't work, please can you try the following with PF3 running and connected to FS:
Type 'Powershell' in the Windows search box (bottom left with Windows 10), and select 'Run as Administrator' for Windows Powershell.
Enter the following command (exactly, upper and lower case are important) at the command prompt and post the screenshot back here:

Get-NetTCPConnection -LocalPort 1010

*Edit* Actually, if standard PF3 Display is working, please can you do the above while PF3 Display is running and with PF3 connected to FS.

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Martin - See attached zip file for results.

On another note how do I add the screen shots directly in the message area here like you and Saverio have done with your examples?

Attachments
Powershell Responses.zip
(74.25 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

pointy56
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:48 pm

Ok, thanks for this.
WEB Display is connecting to PF3 correctly; the error message that you are getting is the same one that Saverio was seeing earlier this week.
Did you download PF3_WEB_Display-101a.zip from the second message and update the .exe file? Apologies if things aren't clear, I'll tidy it up.
If you did, please can you zip up the PF3WebDisplay.log file from the program directory and post it here - that should give me what I need.
*Edit* Actually please could you also add the flight plan (.pln file from FPP directory) to the zip file - it's useful to see that as well.

To add a screenshot to a posting, you need to attach the image as a file and then select 'Place inline'.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:24 am

Hi Martin - I have it working. See attached zip for requested files.

In reference to adding a file and selecting "Place Inline", I did that with the "My Advanced Options Screen.zip" a couple messages back but I didn't see that it was displayed inline. Is there another place to just "add" a file into the message area without first zipping it? I also tried the "add an image" option from the icons above but didn't get that to do anything. I will add the zip for this message and select "Place Inline" again, but I'm wondering how it is going to be extracted from the zip to also be displayed in the message area. I'm probably missing something easy here.

Thanks for your help and for your work on this Web Display feature. /Mike
It's Working.zip
(118.67 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

pointy56
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:11 am

Hi Mike,

I've uploaded a tweaked version of the program; the only difference to the one you are running is that it immediately displays the version numbers, which would have made it easier to resolve your issue sooner. This new version will be included with Dave's next PF3 update.

If you do want to post a screenshot to the forums you only need to attach the image file and inline it - don't zip it first, leave it as a raw image file (eg .png) and that should work for you.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:06 am

Thanks Martin - appreciate it. I'll watch for the upcoming update and any new features down the road. Thanks for your work on all this! /Mike

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Return to “PF3 WEB Display Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: