Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to run the new version

Locked   Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
saveriomangione
Post subject: Unable to run the new version
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi,
I've just updated your software to the latest version but when I launch the program nothing happens. I noticed that the PF3 Webdisplay_Sample does not contain any info. Is that the reason why?
Thanks alot for your help
Best
Saverio

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Post subject: Re: Unable to run the new version
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:57 pm

If you're trying to use PF3 Web Display for the first time, please follow the instructions in PF3WebDisplay-101.pdf
When you execute the main program it starts a web server in a new console window; you then need to access the server using a web browser.
Full details on how to do this are provided in the document, including why you might require an ini file - it's not generally needed.

If the issue that you're having is with the main PF3 program then please post your question in the main 'PF3-ATC at is best' forum.

If the above doesn't help you, please attach your latest log (PF3WebDisplay.log) as a zip file - you will find it in the PF3_WEB_Display directory.

Regards,
Martin

[ img ]

saveriomangione
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:02 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:57 pm
If you're trying to use PF3 Web Display for the first time, please follow the instructions in PF3WebDisplay-101.pdf
When you execute the main program it starts a web server in a new console window; you then need to access the server using a web browser.
Full details on how to do this are provided in the document, including why you might require an ini file - it's not generally needed.

If the issue that you're having is with the main PF3 program then please post your question in the main 'PF3-ATC at is best' forum.

If the above doesn't help you, please attach your latest log (PF3WebDisplay.log) as a zip file - you will find it in the PF3_WEB_Display directory.

Regards,
Martin
Hi Martin, thanks for replying. I read the pdf 101 and followed all instructions. Either is there something I am still missing or .. I don't kow what else it can be. When I double click on the exe file no console window opens up. Inside my PF3WebDisplay folder there's no log file. Please see screenshot attached.
Can you please help me further?
Thanks
Saverio

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2021-12-21 205551.png (33.67 KiB) Viewed 13618 times

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi Saverio,

You just need the .exe and the .pf3w files to start the application; they've been installed in the default directory and from the timestamps you seem to have the correct versions. Could you please try right-clicking on the .exe and selecting 'Run as administrator' to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:47 am

Hi Martin, I'm having the exact same problem as Severio. It is identical to how he has described it. I tried several times yesterday and a couple times today. I have followed the PF3WebDisplay-101.pdf to the letter. When I click on the PF3WebDisplay.exe (with either a left or right click, or even if I select "Run as Administrator" nothing happens. The first time I tried it there was a very brief 1/100 of a second flash on my screen where it looked like a window tried to open, but then disappeared instantly. That all happened in about 1/100 of a second. Each time I tried after that, I saw nothing at all. There is no "PF3WebDisplay.log" created. I have the same 5 files in my directory as Severio shows below. Additionally I checked the Task Manager to see if maybe I had one or more instances of PF3WebDisplay as an app or process that might need to be manually closed before trying again, but I saw nothing at all related to PF3WebDisplay in Task Manager.

From reading the PDF this looks to be a great feature that I am excited to try. Let me know if you need anymore info or for me to try anything else to get it going. Thanks /Mike

saveriomangione
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:46 am

playingitbyear wrote: *  Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:47 am
Hi Martin, I'm having the exact same problem as Severio. It is identical to how he has described it. I tried several times yesterday and a couple times today. I have followed the PF3WebDisplay-101.pdf to the letter. When I click on the PF3WebDisplay.exe (with either a left or right click, or even if I select "Run as Administrator" nothing happens. The first time I tried it there was a very brief 1/100 of a second flash on my screen where it looked like a window tried to open, but then disappeared instantly. That all happened in about 1/100 of a second. Each time I tried after that, I saw nothing at all. There is no "PF3WebDisplay.log" created. I have the same 5 files in my directory as Severio shows below. Additionally I checked the Task Manager to see if maybe I had one or more instances of PF3WebDisplay as an app or process that might need to be manually closed before trying again, but I saw nothing at all related to PF3WebDisplay in Task Manager.

From reading the PDF this looks to be a great feature that I am excited to try. Let me know if you need anymore info or for me to try anything else to get it going. Thanks /Mike
Hi, this is happening exactly with me. It seems that the app is going to open(I ran it with admin rights) but nothing happens and all this in a matter of milliseconds.

I also agree that this feature should be awesome.

Hope to red you back

Best

Saverio

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 am

Thank you both for the information, it is somewhat baffling as I've installed and run the software on several systems without issue - PF3 doesn't even need to be running for it to start up.
Could you please try one more thing?
Open a command window (Windows-R, then cmd), navigate to the directory where it's installed and run it manually (.\PF3WebDisplay.exe); hopefully you will get an error message - I suspect that one or more of the .NET runtimes is missing, we just don't know which one. :(

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

saveriomangione
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 am

pointy56 wrote: *  Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 am
Thank you both for the information, it is somewhat baffling as I've installed and run the software on several systems without issue - PF3 doesn't even need to be running for it to start up.
Could you please try one more thing?
Open a command window (Windows-R, then cmd), navigate to the directory where it's installed and run it manually (.\PF3WebDisplay.exe); hopefully you will get an error message - I suspect that one or more of the .NET runtimes is missing, we just don't know which one. :(

Thanks,
Martin
Hi Martin, I ran Windows R and cmd but I'm lost now. How should I go on? Do I have to write inside the command window .\PF3WebDisplay.exe? Are there any spaces among the backslash and the remaining text?
See my screenshot
Thanks
Saverio

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2021-12-22 123445.png (22.18 KiB) Viewed 13595 times

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi Saverio,

When you get the 'C:\Users\Saverio>' prompt you need to CD (Change Directory) to where the program is installed, so for you:

CD \FS_Addons\PF3\PF3_Displayer\PF3_WEB_Display

Then enter '.\PF3WebDisplay.exe'

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

pointy56
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:33 pm

OK, I've just managed to reproduce the problem on my wife's laptop - she's delighted! :roll:
Unfortunately I'm seeing the application window flash up for a second, just as you describe - it does seem to have a couple of error messages.
I need to tweak the program so that it freezes the screen when the error occurs, then we should be able to sort this out.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Return to “PF3 WEB Display Support” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: