OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

QNH always on, unable to switch off

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Redeyestorm
Post subject: QNH always on, unable to switch off
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi all,

Just started using PF3 and running in an issue. Probable user error but I can't get the program to switch to Inch instead of QNH. It startes default with QNH selected in options 1 but deselecting QNH has no effect at all. In game QNH is still used.

Thanks for the help.

Profile Quote
Redeyestorm
Post subject: Re: QNH always on, unable to switch off
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:57 pm

Did some more testing. With QNH on in options the respons both verbal and text is QNH [number]. Without QNH selected it just says the number. Flying MSFS by the way.

Just saw the big red letters above duh.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(27 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Profile Quote
Redeyestorm
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm

Okay did a full deinstall of PF3 and Reinstall but no go. I do now get 'Altimeter' verbally and text but the numbers are still QNH. Any help would be really appreciated. I found nothing in the documentation about this issue.

Profile Quote
Redeyestorm
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:17 pm

oke now completly confused. I am getting an qnh of 1017 which if I use a converter should be 30.03 In but the controller tells me to climb from 14.500 to 16.000 while my altimeter reports 16.000 ft with 30.03??

Update: was given a few altitude changes but the difference between my altimeter and flightcontrol is a steady 1500 feet difference.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am
Site Admin

So sorry I let this one slip by without posting an answer.

You said in you OP you can't get PF3 to give you 'Altimeter' instead of 'QNH' yet your log shows differently
Quote:
30/11/2021 23:36:25: 840 - Transcript: 'Redair Papa Hotel Mike Juliet Victor Readback correct. Altimeter is 997 Report When ready to taxi '
With regard ATC nagging you about your altitude there are a couple of things you can do. Personally I just fly a few hundred feet higher or lower. You could of course turn the ATC nag off in options. This problem is caused by FS2020, for which everyone is hoping there will be a fix from Asobo at some stage.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Redeyestorm
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:55 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am
So sorry I let this one slip by without posting an answer.

You said in you OP you can't get PF3 to give you 'Altimeter' instead of 'QNH' yet your log shows differently
Quote:
30/11/2021 23:36:25: 840 - Transcript: 'Redair Papa Hotel Mike Juliet Victor Readback correct. Altimeter is 997 Report When ready to taxi '
With regard ATC nagging you about your altitude there are a couple of things you can do. Personally I just fly a few hundred feet higher or lower. You could of course turn the ATC nag off in options. This problem is caused by FS2020, for which everyone is hoping there will be a fix from Asobo at some stage.
Yes thanks for the respons. About the wrong reporting of the altitude I read about that in another thread. It is not always wrong though. About the altimeter it is a question of rtfm. I forgot that you have the option 'transition altitudes and Alt baro Calls'. I forgot to unselect them. I now get the baro report in Inches mercury. Like I suspected the problem was located between the chair and the keyboard!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:08 pm
Site Admin

Ah, glad you have it sorted and apologies again for the delay in addressing your post... senior moments are becoming more frequent of late! :oops:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: