OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

unable to get any response from PF3 DISPLAY

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
shermank
Post subject: unable to get any response from PF3 DISPLAY
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:39 pm

greetings,

I have used P3D on and off over the years and am trying to get it to run properly with P3D V5.1 My specific problem is that I cannot get any RF responses from PF3 display. I did follow your instructions in a similar post, following directions to add DX run times. I did that, booted up PF3 and connected to P3D. Almost immediately I received ATIS, but, within the PF3 display box I cannot raise any frequences for departure, arrival or control. Where a function is specificed in the popup box, the only thing that shows is 0. My log is attached. thanks

Sherm

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(24.65 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: unable to get any response from PF3 DISPLAY
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Options #2, Advanced Options, make sure 'Use PF3 Display' at left is enabled.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
shermank
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:02 pm

Thanks, I do not see that specific instruction.
However, I am now hearing ATC, though any attempts to respond with an appropriate key press is not working. And, I still cannot see any ATC RF in the drop down menus at the bottom right of the Pf3 display box.

Sherm

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:22 pm

It looks like you are running a very old version of PF3. Check the sticky post near the top of the forum, 'Maintenance Release' for links to install the latest version.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
shermank
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Thanks for staying on top of this with quick response. I am certain I have the latest update, version 3.9.0. I have the program set to check for updates each time it is booted.

Sherm
PS I am in the midst of a flight as I type this, using PF3. I am hearing ocassional responses from ATC. But, I have gotten no direction to switch to any other frequency, even though I know for certain that I have moved into other ATC zones in my flight path.
And, I still see no RFs in the display box...

One other note,
to test the system I called an emergency CTRL/SHIFT/E. ATC asked if I could return to my departure airport. I tried to respond with the Y Key, but nothing happened. I continued on my FP. ATC alerts me to nearby aircraft, but that is about all.

Again, thank you.

Sherm

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:32 pm

The auto-update function is not working for some people. We're not sure why. The current version is 3.10.50 (see sticky post). You will need to download and install the update.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
shermank
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Thanks for that piece of info....and that may solve my problem...hoping...:-)
again, thanks....and I will advise as this proceeds.

Sherm

Profile Quote
shermank
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:49 pm

I downloaded and ran the latest update. As if asked for information, I responded appropriately, but ran into a major problem when submitting the Directory D:\PF3 where the original program is installed. When I submitted the link, I kept getting a popup response telling me to install to the main folder, which I did.

After several tries, I discovered that the PF3.exe file was missing, which evidently prevented the update program to continue. At that point I uninstalled and then ran a complete reinstallation of PF3, and successfully validated the program.
Assuming all was well, I again ran the update, only to have the same thing happen again...the PF3.EXE file disappeared. I could not even find it in the recycle bin.

Now, I am going to uninstall and reinstall my original program, validate it, and await any further instructions about how to overcome this Catch 22 obstacle.
To all reading this, and especially Dan thanks for bearing with me. I want to assure you I am not a computer rookie, but I am not a programmer, so technical details are beyond me.

Sherm

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:39 pm
Site Admin

If the PF3.exe file is missing then my guess if your Anti Virus must have removed it. However, when installing the cumulative updates package it is imperative that you install it into the same folder as the original installation. The installer will check for the presence of the PF3.EXE and tell you if it can't find it and will then obviously not continue with the install. So to recap, your AV is removing the PF3.exe or you are trying to install the updates into the wrong folder

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
shermank
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi Dave,
Thank you and I most certainly have pointed the update package to the installation at D\PF3.
I do think you are correct about my anti virus software. During one of the attempts I got a popup from malwarebytes

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 6/6/21
Protection Event Time: 9:19 AM
Log File: 30ccaaf4-c6d2-11eb-85c8-2cf05de25a1c.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.4.0.117
Components Version: 1.0.1308
Update Package Version: 1.0.41381
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Malware Details-
File: 1
Malware.Heuristic.1003, D:\PF3\PF3.exe, Quarantined, 1000001, 0, 1.0.41381, 0000000000000000000003EB, dds, 01277853, 23116F6059D03EA1C720B9EAAC82B9B2, 1711C54AEDDB97E8B663385F75F835910A3E4B73AF87A2CE14C0F5D2E1884433

(end)

Not so incidentally, before reading your forum response, I sent you email about reactivating the software again...believe me, I am as sorry about this as I suspect you may be.
Again thanks with appreciation,

Sherm

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: