OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

QNH in mb and taxing after landing

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Bazthehat
Post subject: QNH in mb and taxing after landing
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:21 am

Hi,

I'm still getting to grips with using PF3, so this could well be just user error, but I wanted to check a couple of things.

1. I have QNH instead of Altimeter set, and PF3 happily uses QNH. But, despite flying in the UK and having the "use millibars" setting selected in the ALT BARO settings, I only get air pressure in mb from listening to the ATIS. All others are in inches. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. I found before now that, after landing at an airport with just a Tower and no Ground frequency, Tower directs you to contact Ground on the same frequency when clear of the active. Another user then suggested selecting 5, as PFDISPLAY doesn't give any option to contact for taxi to parking, just taxi to runway. Pressing 5 means you simply get a command to taxi to the terminal. In smaller airports, this makes sense, but I would have thought at slightly larger ones (for instance, EGTE) that you would get a taxi route issued. Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks for any help. PF3 is SOOOOO much better than the vanilla ATC that comes with MSFS.

Attachments
Logs.zip
Zip of logs folder
(800.36 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: QNH in mb and taxing after landing
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:29 pm
Site Admin

1. Took a while to track this one down and sure enough it is/was a bug in the code when using FS2020. Now fixed and I will be releasing a new update sometime tomorrow (23/2/21)

2. I will make the necessary change to the PF3 Display options to show the relevant hotkey when tuned to Tower if there's no ground facilities. Also, the reason you didn't get full taxi instructions is shown by the following log entry.

22/03/2021 10:03:55: 860 - No empty gates found2!

So the default in this scenario is 'taxi to terminal' (that's just a nice way of saying 'find your own place to park chum!') :lol:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Bazthehat
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Thanks, glad you've found the culprit!

As for lack of gates, I would have thought Exeter International Airport (EGTE) would have had plenty of empty gates? Or am I misunderstanding what it means?

Just curious as to whether there literally were no empty gates, or if PF3 simply isn't spotting them when using Tower freq as Ground for some reason?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 pm
Site Admin

It means no empty gates of 'type' (whatever you have it set to) I see you have yours set to 'Ramp GA'

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Bazthehat
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:06 pm

Ah, that might be it. Pretty sure EGTE has Ramp GA Small, but possibly not just Ramp GA in MSFS. Will check it out later. Thanks!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: