OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Comm Frequency Display Window

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Petercove
Post subject: Comm Frequency Display Window
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:09 am

After loading my P3D flight plan and connecting this handy window pops up with the necessary frequencies for the departure airport. Unfortunately by the time I am ready to use some of them it has disappeared.
Is there a key combo to bring it back. Page 73 of the manual mentions the window but not how to recall it. I ended up taking a screenshot of it and printing it off.

By the way, the shown frequency for EHAM Ground should be 121.550. Clearance quotes the correct frequency OK.

Cheers

PC

Attachments
[ attachment ]
commfreq.JPG (53.77 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

Profile Quote
Alpha117
Post subject: Re: Comm Frequency Display Window
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:25 am

Glad you asked this, as I was just about to ask the same ;)

Peter, how do you get the freq in that window, mine is different?

Thanks

Clive

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:53 am

You can recall the ACARS frequency display window by pressing hotkey 3 when tuned to Clearance or Ground.

Not sure about the EHAM Ground frequency issue; Dave will probably need the debug_monitor file to look into it.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
starter
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:20 am

I had this in the beginning. Then it was gone, but after latest update it was back again.
But for me there was a countdown of 60 sec to choose hold or close.
I alway closes it, because i use pf3_display. If you start this .exe file you'll get the same.
Start pf3_display.exe and at the right bottom you can click dep freq or des freq.

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:10 am
Site Admin

As Dan said you can get the frequency list anytime whilst at your departure airport by using Hotkey #3. This was added in update 3.10.12 and was documented in the Version History.PDF which you will find in your PF3\Help folder. It's a really good idea to check this document for each update to ensure you are aware of all the latest features and it is usually more up to date than the User Guide.

Regarding your Ground frequency issue, I don't know where you're getting your information but the default P3D Ground frequencies in P3D are 121.70 and 121.90... PF3 will usually use the first one in the list. These may also be changed slightly if there are any clashes with other frequencies. If the ground frequency you were handed off to was NOT 121.70 then I would need to see the Debug_Monitor.log file please, which you can zip and attach to your post. If you've completed another flight since reporting this issue I will need to see the OLD_Debug_Monitor.log file, but if you've completed two or more flights since the issue the information will now have been overwritten, in which case it would be quite easy to recreate and then attach the log.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Petercove
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Hi Dave
If you still have my last post re resuming a flight the log file will show the frequency issue. I have always started from EHAM lately. Clearance Delivery always says contact Ground in 121.55 but the ACARS always has the different frequency for Ground.
Regards
PC

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 am
Site Admin

Excellent, thanks, I'll take a closer look later today and get back to you

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: