OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC flap issue

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
dwleib
Post subject: FDC flap issue
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 am

Hello,
Any help would be greatly appreciated with this issue. I searched EVERYWHERE (including the aerosoft forums) and have found others with the same issue, but no clear solution.

When I try to connect FDC with FSX, I get the following error:

"The aircraft selected in FS does NOT match the one selected in FDC because their flap detentes are different! The panel are you using in FS has 0 flap positions but FDC is configured to use 5. Please select another aircraft in FS, or another configuration in FDC, then try connect again to continue"

I checked the aircraft.cfg file and found that there are 5 flap settings (0-4). Does anybody have any recommendations to fix this issue? Please help!! :)

Dave

P.S I have updated to the latest version of FDC live cockpit to no avail.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: FDC flap issue
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 am

Hi,
firstly what aircraft are you using,payware or stock.
secondly that error is caused when the aircraft you are using doesn't match FDC profile you are trying to use,for example:- cessna profile in a Boeing 737-700,is like trying to put square peg into a round hole... :lol:
Can you tell us what profile you are using into which aircraft please....

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
dwleib
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:12 pm

I probably should've included that in the original post ;)

I'm trying to use the A321 and I've read a couple different threads regarding this. I downloaded a performance file from avsim.com for the A321 and set that up through FDC. I received the following error:

"The aircraft selected in FS does NOT match the one selected in FDC because their flap detentes are different! The panel are you using in FS has 0 flap positions but FDC is configured to use 5. Please select another aircraft in FS, or another configuration in FDC, then try connect again to continue"

I went back to forum and found that other people had been using the A330 profile for the A321. I tried this and received the same error message.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:21 am

Are you using the stock A321 that is supplied in FSX,if so the profile you downloaded is for 3rd party aircraft only,namely Wilco's.
You will need to use the basic profile which is found at the top of the aircraft dropdown box,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
dwleib
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I can't seem to find a basic profile for the A321. Nonetheless, it appears as though FDC isn't reading the aircraft in FSX correctly as it keeps telling me that the A321 has 0 flap positions. I'm using the standard A321 in FSX, not a 3rd party download.

I've read where other people, using the stock A321, have been using the A330 profile in FDC with no problems. This would make sense seeing as they both have the same number of flap detents. For whatever reason, FDC is reading my A321 has having 0 flap detents when the aircraft.cfg file clearly has 5 (0-4).

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:48 pm
Site Admin

FDC doesn't read that info from the aircraft.cfg file, it gets it from the performance file and reads the number of flap détentes from FSUIPC

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dwleib
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

I assume then, that FSUIPC isn't getting the correct number of flaps from FSX, which is then not matching in FDC? I really appreciate your help with this.

Profile Quote
dwleib
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm

I found another thread where someone suggested using the A320-PIC profile. I tried this and it worked. Thanks, Dave and Dave, for your help on this.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 pm

I was just about to tell you the same thing..... :lol:

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]