OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VFR flight plan / rwn usage / control center frequency

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
cteixeira
Post subject: VFR flight plan / rwn usage / control center frequency
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:27 am

Hello Sirs

I was flying tonight from LPCS to LPPT, and had several issues:
1 - Ground at LPCS (121.82) took to long to assign departure runway;
2 - When finally departed, I was assigned Lisbon Control at 132.50, control gave transponder code xyzu and then suddenly, control services terminated transponder code 7000 (this happened at least 2 times)
3- Contacted 133.90 (Lisbon control) frequency displayed by "pf3 display", and the same thing
4 - When I had airport in sight, contacted LPPT tower at 119.55, and obtain landing clearance for runway 17 (I've both runway 17 and 35 closed on rwn usage options 

Thanks

Carlos

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(207.65 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/2x 16Gb DDR4-3600/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/Velocity One rudder/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel/Flight Switch Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: VFR flight plan / rwn usage / control center frequency
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:47 pm
Site Admin

1. We use two different methods to determine the taxi path to/from the runway... the first, which is very quick uses Lat/Lon co-ordinates for taxiways but can sometimes hit a hurdle... which is what happen in your case. If we have a problem finding the taxi route with the first routine we then use our second method which, unfortunately, is much slower but more robust and always (famous last words) seems to find a route. So yes, your taxi instructions took a little longer than one would expect. The first attempt realised there was an error (probably in the AFCAD file) and reported in 8 seconds. The next routine subsequently took 2 minutes 12 seconds to complete. Not much we can do about that unfortunately.

2. You weren't handed off to Lisbon Control you were handed off to Approach. Your flight plan was so short (only 22 miles) with only the one waypoint so you were basically handed off to Approach shortly after takeoff and before reach your cruise altitude. I would suggest for a flight such as this you maybe use the VFR FF option or change the flight plan accordingly. I will certainly see if I can make any changes to cater for such a situation going forward.

3. You wouldn't be able to contact Lisbon Control whilst flying VRF... you would have to change to IFR. All VFR flights in PF3 and below Control Center altitude.

4. I'm afraid by this stage there were many things amiss and as far as PF3 was concerned you had not completed a handoff.

Please retry with a slightly longer flight plan or try this one again as VFR FF and listen carefully to ATC instructions. You could initially turn on your VCP mode until you are more conversant with how everything works as there's a lot to do when having to perform all the tasks your self on such a short trip.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cteixeira
Post subject: Re: VFR flight plan / rwn usage / control center frequency
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Thank you. Will try the same VFR flightplan, but with free flight

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/2x 16Gb DDR4-3600/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/Velocity One rudder/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel/Flight Switch Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: