OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Constant heading nag after requesting a direct

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
kmax59
Post subject: Constant heading nag after requesting a direct
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Hello there,

I've been meeting an annoying issue during my last two flights: after requesting a direct to get back the 2 min delay I had on departure, I have constantly been nagged by the ATC to get another heading, in both cases I had crosswind so my heading was about 10 to 15° off the track and it seems PF3 didn't take that into account and wanted the aircraft to have the heading = track.

I initially tried to follow the heading it gave me on the first flight, but then the ATC did not give me any other instruction, this resulted in being completely offroute after a few minutes.
On the second flight I decided to ignore it as I thought it would stop after reaching the next waypoint I was supposed to reach, but that didn't happen, it kept asking me to turn to that same heading during the rest of the flight (which was about 1h30 still). I checked and crosschecked and I didn't miss any PF3 waypoint but the ATC kept asking me to turn to the same heading, even if it was a total non-sense. Finally, it never gave me any instruction for approach and kept asking me to turn to that same heading and had to land without ATC.

Here is my log file.

Thanks by advance for your help :)

Attachments
debug_monitor HDG NAG After DCT.zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

Maxime
TOGA projects founder & developer

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Constant heading nag after requesting a direct
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:37 am
Site Admin

Wow! I can see how annoying that must have been!

Good news is I've found the culprit and fix the issue

A couple of tips as a workaround whilst awaiting the next release, which really shouldn't be very long...

1. Provided the heading ATC are trying to give is not too far off your course, just turn toward it... that will stop the nag, then you can turn back to the correct course.

2. Don't bother requesting a 'Direct to'... just do it... PF3 will spot if you miss any waypoints and bump you onto the next one

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kmax59
Post subject: Re: Constant heading nag after requesting a direct
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:44 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:37 am
Wow! I can see how annoying that must have been!

Good news is I've found the culprit and fix the issue

A couple of tips as a workaround whilst awaiting the next release, which really shouldn't be very long...

1. Provided the heading ATC are trying to give is not too far off your course, just turn toward it... that will stop the nag, then you can turn back to the correct course.

2. Don't bother requesting a 'Direct to'... just do it... PF3 will spot if you miss any waypoints and bump you onto the next one
Hello Dave,

Thanks for the quick answer and for the tips, glad you've already found the culprit !
For now I'll just not be requesting directs then :)

Maxime
TOGA projects founder & developer

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: