OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Have a few issues with Pf3 DISPLAY?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Have a few issues with Pf3 DISPLAY?
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:41 am
Site Admin

JWatts0275 wrote: *  Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:55 am
Cheers, just the hotkeys assignments PF3 doesnt recognise the input such as C S \ FOR ROGER OR C S = FOR REPEAT, C S T WHILE IN FLIGHT, not sure why that is. Still trying to find alternate buttons really anything that does not conflict with the sim. I also in the options menu select use remote text does not pop up automatically have to select the file. Also selected USE PF3 DISPLAY, does not show up automatically, I have selected use remote acarsx as I have a second monitor. In the Advanced options in the ini file tweaks use PF3 Hotkey window which does not load. Also lol have to load the TGS from the file hotkey selection either n0 1 or 2 (cant remember which one) does not work,

Thanks for all the support
Jamie
You can easily find which keys are not in use within the FS2020 Controller section, just by using the 'Search by Input' and trying various keys.

If you want to use Remote Text then yes, select it in the options but then you have to start the RemoteText.exe program from the PF3_Displayer folder, it doesn't start automatically. Selecting the RemoteText option merely opens the TCP/IP port used for communications with it. Same goes for the PF3 Display utility, you have to start that manually.

The Hotkeys window you can open with C+S+T (once you find a key that works), although why the default doesn't work for you I don't know.

When you say you have to load TGS from a file do you mean running the TGS Display utility because again that has to be manuall started, it's not automatic. That though is only a TGS display utility, the actual TGS program that does the taxi instructions does start automatically, once you've received taxi instructions, but it's transparent and you only now it's running when you hear it!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JWatts0275
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:40 pm

just did a full flight TGS voice was activated when I got taxi instruction thanks
everything went almost smoothly mostly pilot error lol (probably all of it), next time will need help with co-pilot rather tuning and doing all myself
Managed to change all the hot keys and deleted them in the sim profile so no conflict, as I realised pressing R increases Sim Rate
just one last query got vectors to final told me to tune in approach and contact when established on final, do you tune the frequency in then press "0"

Thanks for all your assistance

Jamie

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 86 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:21 am
Site Admin

Yes you tune to the required frequency then hit the #0 hotkey, or whichever key you may have configured for that purpose.

Try using the VCP (virtual copilot mode) for your next flight which will make things a lot easier until you get used to things. Personally I still let the VCP do as much as possible.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: