OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 crashes when trying to connect to the simulator

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Glenn1212
Post subject: PF3 crashes when trying to connect to the simulator
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Hello,
I just purchased PF3 yesterday, and tried to select a flight plan. I chose the plan, told PF3 to tune to the airport ATYS, and then, told it to connect to the simulator. I have FSUI PC installed and also the direct X packages. THe installation was validated, and there were no files missing. Yet when I press alt+C to connect, the program closes.
ANy ideas?

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: PF3 crashes when trying to connect to the simulator
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:39 pm

When you opened PF3 did you right click and Run As Administrator or opened normally...Left click!
When connecting to PF3 why not "click" on connect button rather than another key combo.
Did you have FS running first and what sim are you using??
If it's FS20 then FSUIPC 7 must be running first.
Also "Logs" from your PF3 folder would be a great help too!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Glenn1212
Post subject: Re: PF3 crashes when trying to connect to the simulator
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:52 pm

TO answer, why do I not click on things? I am totaly blind and require the use of a screen reader. THis allows me to access the information displayed on the computer screen. However, this requires that I use keyboard commands.
I do apologize for not uploading logs.
Yes, I have the program set to alwasy run as admin, so that I do not have to use the context menu every time I wish to run it.
ALso, a suggestion for the developers, they have done a wonderful job on making their documentation easy to follow. WHat I would like to see is more of an accessible interface with screen readers such as NVDA.
I can explane more in another post.
I do have one thing that I want to try, and if that doesn't work I will send you the logs. Either way I will keep you posted.
Dave Leesley wrote: *  Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:39 pm
When you opened PF3 did you right click and Run As Administrator or opened normally...Left click!
When connecting to PF3 why not "click" on connect button rather than another key combo.
Did you have FS running first and what sim are you using??
If it's FS20 then FSUIPC 7 must be running first.
Also "Logs" from your PF3 folder would be a great help too!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: