OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Transponder code deleted after Take off

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Transponder code deleted after Take off
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Just clarifying that it's not PF3 related,i did a flight from EDDT-EGLL using FS2004 (for a change and not FSX or FS20) and didn't have any issues at all..this is with the latest updated version.
I use Saiteks panels with all sims.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:18 pm
This is why I day try running without the radio stack... I know you may not use it but let's be sure it isn't doing something untoward. I don't think it would but who knows. Just trying to figure out what's setting the transponder to zero
Hi Dave, i meant that remote radio is NOT running. I have start the radio stack ONLY AFTERWARDS i was called to check transponder and then i see the transponder is wiped. I´ve just finished another flight to Oslo (to bring Santa back home). Again right after i was airborne i was asked to check transponder again. But i have a suspicion. New to me since the update is the message by departure right after initial contact was established: "Lufthansa 832 Squawk Ident QNH 1023". I´ve never heard that before the update to version 3.10. Because i´am using MCE first officer, to handle all the radios and comunication, could it be that MCE mistakes that particular message to change the squawk to QNH1023?!?!. That would explain why the squawk is wiped because MCE can´t set alphanumeric figures as squawk.

Attachments
log.zip
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 63 times

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:01 pm
Site Admin

You'd have to ask MCE support about that one

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:02 pm
Site Admin

You've always been given QNH though

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:30 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:02 pm
You've always been given QNH though
Yeah, but it´s this combination of "squawk ident QNH 1234", which sounds strange, isn´t it? What has the squawk ident to do with QNH? Anyway i have raised this to MCE aswell. I´am sure that Gerald can tell if this could cause the FO by MCE doing such things.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:39 pm

bbruechmann wrote: *  Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 pm
New to me since the update is the message by departure right after initial contact was established: "Lufthansa 832 Squawk Ident QNH 1023". I´ve never heard that before the update to version 3.10.
The "squawk ident" is new phraseology introduced in 3.10, and replaces "radar contact" when you are in non-FAA areas and make initial contact with Departure. This and some other phraseology changes were made on the recommendation of a RW air traffic controller on the team. The squawk ident call (by itself) does not indicate a problem with your transponder or squawk code, and does not require that you do anything.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:34 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:39 pm
bbruechmann wrote: *  Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 pm
New to me since the update is the message by departure right after initial contact was established: "Lufthansa 832 Squawk Ident QNH 1023". I´ve never heard that before the update to version 3.10.
The "squawk ident" is new phraseology introduced in 3.10, and replaces "radar contact" when you are in non-FAA areas and make initial contact with Departure. This and some other phraseology changes were made on the recommendation of a RW air traffic controller on the team. The squawk ident call (by itself) does not indicate a problem with your transponder or squawk code, and does not require that you do anything.
Indeed this brings some light on it. The issue is, that my MCE FO takes immediate action to update the seemed new given squawk, because the phrase is "understood" that he has to. I´ve got already a reply from Gerald from MCE that he is aware that he needs some reconfiguration within MCE, that those kind of new phraseology will be handeled appropriately. He confirmed that the Squawk is erased by the FO because of that particular phrase. At least i´am happy to know the rootcause and that it is nothing else even worse. I´am sure that Gerald will come out with a fix quite short, as usual. Because i can easily let my FO set the squawk correct again, it´s not a big deal.
Anyway, Merry Christmas, Dan

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:07 am
Site Admin

Excellent news, glad it's almost sorted

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: