OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 unresponsive

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
martinlest
Post subject: Re: PF3 unresponsive
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Unfortunately there is no 'them' - AFAIK the person who created the FSUIPC for X-Plane has not taken any interest in updating it for some years... I asked Pete Dowson (three years back) but he (understandably) was more interested in enjoying retirement than starting a new project. I guess we all know how that feels! :)

I'll just have to shut down PF3 and start it up again when it happens. Only a tiny inconvenience..

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:24 pm
Site Admin

That's unfortunate. Is there any pattern to when it happens?

I'm surprised that shutting down PF3 fixes the issue which is why I ask if there's a pattern to it, as I may well have been able to circumvent it

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Not that I can tell. It happened twice today, which is rare. If there is a pattern, or even a trigger, I don't know what it is I'm afraid. Restarting PF3 completely (just disconnecting, reconnecting and loading the flight plan again is no good) always clears the problem, till it happens next time.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:18 pm
Site Admin

So does this happen when you first start PF3 or is it following one flight then starting another without completely exiting PF3 first?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 am

Quote:
So does this happen when you first start PF3
Yes. If I run another flight, I always close down and restart PF3

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:47 am
Site Admin

So it doesn't suddenly start mid-flight? Next time it happens please let me see the startup.log in addition to the debug log.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Yes, I will send a log. It only ever happens when I first connect to PF3. Once connected I don't think I ever lose the connection.. it's just that about one in every dozen or so times I press 'Connect', it turns out that PF3 is dead. Everything 'looks' OK.. nothing different from usual.

I think I said I have the confirmation 'beep' set so that I know PF3 has received an input. There is no beep when this happens. When I shut down PF3 completely and restart (no other changes), it always then works (99% of the time if not 100%).

Thanks Dave.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Here's a log Dave. Completely dead to all keyboard input. I closed down PF3, restarted it, loaded the same flight plan, and everything was fine.

Could be the PFEtoXPlane plugin, although that shows a window saying 'PF3 not connected' until you connect PF#. When ATC is dead, the window shows connected as usual, so...

Thanks.

Martin

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(108.77 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the log. Unfortunately I have no answers for you. Just looking at the log it would indicate that you haven't even hit a hotkey, yet I know you have, but not according to the log. You also mentioned in an earlier post that you don't even hear the 'beep' to indicate a keypress. That tells me that PF3 is not getting any hotkey data from PFE2toXplane and yet we're getting all other data, or a lot of it as far as I can see. The log shows your LAT/LON coordinates plus your current altitude (airport elevation) and heading. So clearly there's a lot working, but why the hotkey tables are not giving me any info I have no idea.

Not trying to pass the buck here to PFEtoXplane, but my log is not giving me anything to go on. If I started PF3 and connected to any other sim using FSUIPC and just sat there without hitting any keys I would get exactly the same log output. Nothing wrong with it at all... no errors... nothing... just waiting for the user to do something.

By all means keep throwing logs at me as and when it happens and who knows, maybe we'll find something going forward... but not this time unfortunately.

If you do send another log please include all the logs from your \Logs folder. In fact if you haven't started another flight since this last episode please let me see your Startup.log

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi Dave... I didn't notice your reply earlier, sorry.

Came here to post another log, after another instance of 'dead' PF3. I realise it may not be possible for you to see how to fix this, but as you requested, I attach all my PF3 logs (made after closing down unresponsive PF3 and before starting it up again). My a/c is a Yak-40 at UHPP, BTW, just to verify all that that data is getting through..

As ever, closed PF3 completely, restarted & connected, and all was fine.. Just in case it helps I have uploaded a second set of logs made after reloading PF3 and seeing it work OK (but without shutting it down). No other changes in the interim.

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments
Logs2.zip
(103.04 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Logs.zip
(700.59 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: