OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Demo user, TGS issue and other questions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Skivster
Post subject: Demo user, TGS issue and other questions
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:48 am

Hello, I'm currently testing in the demo version, whenever PF3 on P3D, is a viable option to buy, yet I'm running into an issue with TGS. I'm mainly flying in Poland, which means I've installed Drzewiecki's Design airports addon, for EPLL, EPWA, EPKT. Tested on my home airport, EPLL but neither TGS is able to launch and the ATC is just giving me a "Taxi to runway 25/7" instructions. Nothing more. When I finally get to runway 25/7, ATC doesn't give me autoclearence. I need to manually click 7 to give me a "ok go m8"
Same thing on EPKT. Didn't test on EPWA because it's too far away and over demo limit 200nm

Tested on EDDM - EDDE and, lo and behold, TGS works, and ATC gives me autoclearence to take of.

I've rebuild the database, used newest makeruwnways closed and started P3D multiple times, yet the problem persists.
Could anyone tell me what's the issue here?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Demo user, TGS issue and other questions
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:32 am
Site Admin

It certainly sounds like an AFCAD problem but I could hopefully tell you more if you provide PF3's Debug_Monitor.log file from the PF3\Logs folder. This has to be the relevant log file of course, so if you could recreate the problem at EPLL where you're parked at a gate and then get taxi instructions. After which you could disconnect and close PF3, ZIP the debug_monitor.log and attach it there to your post.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Skivster
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:54 am

Naturally. I'll do that in couple of minutes. But I've run into another problem :D EPLB, Lublin. I can teleport to that airport, I see 2 runways yet, neither makerunways, nor PF3 can see this airport :D
I'll post the log in another post, stand by please

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:49 pm
Site Admin

Skivster wrote: *  Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:54 am
Naturally. I'll do that in couple of minutes. But I've run into another problem :D EPLB, Lublin. I can teleport to that airport, I see 2 runways yet, neither makerunways, nor PF3 can see this airport :D
I'll post the log in another post, stand by please
If MakeRwys can't see it that's your problem. You could try reporting it on Pete Dowson's support forum but they are very busy with FS2020 and besides I very much doubt it has anything to actually do with MakeRwys and much more likely a bad AFCAD which is very common by all accounts.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Skivster
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:04 pm

After.. well... testing, I found out I had slightly older makerwys.exe, and without a program called LorbySceneryExport.exe
As it turns out, older version of makerwys wasn't able to process addon airports like it should. I can confirm that both TGS and other mishaps are fixed. Before fixing, I've had a really bad time on EPWA, because it was neither registering me on the proper gate, nor the taxi lines matched the TGS (which in conjunction worked, but... badly :D I was taxiing in the middle of the planes and whanot, total disaster. Tested on EPWA, EPGD and EPLL (which was kinda final test) and yes, all works. Will probably proceed to buy the full version soonish :)
Thank you all for your help, and I'll be bookmarking and email noticing this thread if same issue arises for other people.
Thank you @dmarch for pointing me to the right direction.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: