OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Push and Taxi Clearance issue

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Push and Taxi Clearance issue
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi,

I had a weird anomaly on a flight today. I received my clearance and was told to contact ground for push and start. I pushed and started and contacted ground when I was ready to taxi. On requesting taxi I kept receiving clearance to push and start. I started taxiing and taxied back into the spot, started the push again this time I received taxi clearance. Wonder if someone can look at the logs and see what happened.

Thanks,

Tony J

Attachments
Logs.rar
(282.32 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Push and Taxi Clearance issue
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:36 am
Site Admin

Strange! Were you doing anything different?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi Dave,

Nothing different that I can tell. I use MCE, but I had control of the radios. I asked for push and start, and that was granted. After pushback and start, I asked for taxi clearance. The first time I requested over the radios, when that did not work, I asked the MCE copilot to request taxi. He called and requested taxi, but the response was the same. I then tried to just hit the hot key manually, and again I got the push and start clearance. It was if I didn't meet some criteria. When I taxied back in, and pushed back again it worked. I am going to try the flight again and see if it occurs again and post back results.

Thanks for the support and great product. Look forward to any updates enhancements.

Tony J

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:06 am

Dave,

I flew numerous flights from airports where I could request push and start, and they all did the same thing as above. I was wondering what the trigger is that tells PF3 to advance from push and start to taxi clearance. I use MCE and it could be something in a flow or a command that is not being pushed to PF3 to let it know that the push and start is complete.

Tony J

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:19 am
Site Admin

Thanks Tony. It certainly sounds like an interactive issue between pf3 and mce. It's not something I use and don't even have a copy. I'll ask around the beta testers to see if anyone uses mce and the push and start facility successfully and get back too you.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:48 am

I use MCE with PF3 and I get this issue as well from time to time. But most of my flights it works just fine. If it happens I just ask for taxi again until I get taxi clearance. So no big issue for me, that's why I never took the time to investigate this further.
My guess is that it might have to do with if there are different frequencies for Clearance, Ground and Tower or if one or two of these facilities are missing at the airport, which might confuse the interaction between MCE and PF3.

Maybe you ask this on the MCE support forum as well.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: