OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Problems with PF3 after moving XP11 to Windows 10 :-(

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Problems with PF3 after moving XP11 to Windows 10 :-(
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:01 pm
Site Admin

Very strange, And you're not getting any error messages?

PF3 Display retries to 'connect' every 5 seconds. Because you're using XPlane am I to assume you don't use FSUIPC? Does the PF3toXPlane utility act like FSUIPC? In which case you might need to contact the developer because as I say PF3 Display attempts to make contact with FSUIPC every 5 seconds and maybe they have some logging you can turn on to see whats occurring.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:51 pm

There is XPUIPC, an equivalent, which serves most purposes (it's not from Pete Dowson though - he emailed me once about it, saying he was more interested now in sitting back and enjoying his retirement than making new modules: I dread the day you say the same thing, Dave!). It certainly all worked fine up till last week. Now, the top pane is filled in but the lower pain (active COM) is blank. Both little red squares at the bottom are red. Also, as I say, could even be Windows 10...

It is possible that XPUIPC is not working in the new X-Plane 11.50, which is a big upgrade, replacing Open GL with Vulkan & Metal (my frame rates have consequently jumped from a best of 60 (which was in any case more than enough!) to 170fps+). And no stutters.. silky smooth at all times.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there really. I will have a look at logs and so forth, and I will contact Ben again at PFEtoXPlane - he's been very helpful too.

Many thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:07 pm
Site Admin

Well I really don't think it's s win 10 issue as it works fine here. Unfortunately I don't have xplane so can't help there

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: