OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Clearance Log Issue

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Clearance Log Issue
Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 pm

Hello,
I was using FSX (Accel, SP2) with PF3 and MCE addons, all functioned normally.
Recently I had an unrelated computer systems crash and lost some of my installed programs and files.
After reinstalling FSX, PF3, and MCE, I now have a problem, MCE FO does not respond to PF3 ATC.
*** (MCE FO is set to answer all
incoming radio calls)
PF3 works fine by itself as does MCE. Initially I thought it was an MCE issue but a look at the PF3 Clearance Log shows nothing is being written to that file.
It doesn’t matter the airfield being departed from (controlled or not) or the type of information being requested from PF3 ATC...ie Dep clearance, taxi clearance, direct to, climbs, descents etc.
Whether, I make the radio call to PF3 ATC myself, or tell MCE FO to make the call or push PF3 Hotkey, the result is the same. The transmission goes out normally, gets received and answered by PF3 but no answer from MCE FO. Regardless of the phase of flight the clearance log remains blank.

Log files attached.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian

Win 10 / Home
Version 1903
OS Build 18362.418
Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz

Attachments
Logs.rar
(105.24 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Clearance Log Issue
Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:00 am
Site Admin

Does this help?

Quote:
• ADDED support for using MCE's FO - Obviously if you don't use MCE this will mean nothing to you. If you do use MCE this might mean something to you but it won't actually work with MCE until they make any necessary changes to their code. A new file will now be created in your main PF3 folder named PF3_MCE.INI, within which there will be three entries - Active=0, Logged=0 and PF3Transmitting=0. The first entry 'Active' is off by default so you need to change it to read Active=1. Once actiaveted PF3 will write certain ATC messages to a new file named 'Clearance.log' within the PF3/Logs folder and this is what MCE will use instead of you having to activate PF3's Closed Caption feature. You can have that feature enable too if you wish but some users prefer no to but still wish use the new MCE feature which uses their FO voice to talk with PF3's ATC. The other two entries are for MCE use only and you will have no need to change them at all.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:08 pm

Sorry for the late reply,

These are the contents of my PF3_MCE.ini file

[MCE]
Active=1
Logged=37
PF3Transmitting=0

Also with MCE off the clearance log shows empty even though the clearance is given.

Regards,

Adrian

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:06 am
Site Admin

Well there has to be a setting or something that's stopping this working correctly. As you say you had it all working normally and nothings changed in PF3 as you know. I don't have MCE and never used it so I'm at a loss with things at that end. I notice your PF3_MCE.INI file has the 'Logged' entry set to 37, if you start PF3 and connect to FS does this get reset to zero?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
acjet00
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Hello,

I had my friend "Fighter Guy" post my PF3 issue as i had problems logging onto the forum. Those issues are now cleared up so I'll pick up where he left off.
As far as PF3, The PF3_MCE.ini shows the same before startup, during flight and after PF3 shutdown:
[MCE] Active=1 Logged=37 PF3Transmitting=0

As always PF3 works fine, as does MCE.(That is to say MCE hears my mic transmissions and relays to PF3. MCE FO still does not answer MCE ATC).
However, neither the PF3 Clearance Log nor ATC Chat Log has any entries.

MCE has released an update a day or so ago, for pilots having a similar issue as mine. This update is for pilots using PF3 AND MCE. After installing this update my results are the same, no MCE FO response MCE ATC and no entries in PF3 Clearance Log nor ATC Chat Log.

Best regards,
AC

Attachments
2Q3-CA57Logs.rar
(105.24 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
2Q3-KOAKLogs.rar
(105.24 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am
Site Admin

Try deleting the PF3_MCE.INI file, PF3 should recreate it

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
acjet00
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello Dave,

I'm getting strange results or at least not what I expected. I tried deleting the PF3_MCE.INI file as you suggested. After PF3 start PF3_MCE.INI did not get replaced, PF3 operated as before with no ATC or Chat Log entries. I then decided to remove the PF3.INI file, (just to see what would happen). PF3 started normally and operated as before.

Then from options#2 tab I ran the "Validate your PF3 installation" which resulted in the following message:
"PF3 Validation is Complete!
There were NO errors or missing files during this validation
process and your PF3 installation is complete."

As stated above, the PF3_MCE.INI and PF3.INI files were removed during the validation process. I placed both INI files back in PF3.

From my understanding, MCE FO reads the PF3 ATC Log then responds accordingly. I though the blank logs were the cause of MCE FO not responding. Now, I just plain confused.

Regards,
AC

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 am
Site Admin

PF3 will create both the PF3_MCE.INI file and PF3.INI file if they are deleted. If this is not happening on your system then there must be something stopping it happening. Maybe you Anti Virus program perhaps? And MCE does not use the PF3 ATC Log file is uses the Clearance.log file

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
acjet00
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Hello Dave,

I wrote ATC Chat log vs Clearance log, with regards to MCE, my mistake.
I'll take another crack at deleting my PF3 .INI files again, then see what's going on with my anti-virus.

As always, thanks for your time.

AC

Profile Quote
acjet00
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello Dave,

I decided to go DEFCON 1 and nuke the whole PF3 program. After several uninstalls and re-installs I finally have PF3 working properly. After the first two installs PF3 wouldn't write to the clearance log. I then used a friend's install file and it worked. My guess is my install files were corrupted.

I'd like to thank you for all the time you spent getting me though all this. I certainly understand my plane isn't the only on on the ramp.

Cheers Mate,
acjet00

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: