OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

VFR problem.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
mrfoxik
Post subject: VFR problem.
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:48 pm

Hey guys.
Today after long break I came back to FSX. I got noticed that we have new version of PF3. That is nice but not to the end because last version was working ok with VFRs now it is problematic from unknown reason.
I load VFR plan, spawn plane in "bush" airfield (ENTN norway, torsnes), contact with FSS to open flight plan, PF3 displayer does not show any later controller freq, when I ask FSS to give me center freq they answer bla bla bla contact control on 0.0.
When plan is IFR they give everything correct.

Attachments
Logs and plans.rar
Logs and flightplan to check
(21.05 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: VFR problem.
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:31 am
Site Admin

There does seem to be a possible hiccup. I think if you wait to ask for the control center frequency once you've taken off and are heading toward the first waypoint in your flight plan it will work correctly. Please let us know how you get on

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Ok. Test Results plus some more issues.
I have recorded movie from this short flight I hope it will help you to understand what is going on. I showed there what is happening with pf3_freqs.dat file in fsx dir folder, ENTN and ENRK radio freq config in PF3 options.

1. 01:00 as you can see PF3 produces freq for dept airport but ctrl and dest are empty. I have noticed that when I delate pf3_freqs.dat file to force to create new one, PF3 very often produces empty file. Finaly after some flights in completly random situation it will load all freq's.
a) even after connecting PF3 to FSX freq's are still missing for ctrl. and dest. Anyway I was supprised that it cought dept. freq. mainly it happend that after delate pf3_freqs.dat file, freq table is empty at all and after some flights it will find feq's for all dept. ctrl. and dest.

b) The mission briefing is empty in fsx but sometimes freq are sown there correctly.

2. 04:00 Request ctrl freq. from FSS. He said contact ...0.0MHz

3. 05:30 PF3 can not find suitable runway for ENTN, but entry exist both in PF3_FS9_Runways.dat (PF3 data folder) and runways.csv (FSX main folder). I would like to add that sometimes it works without problems - it is like random.

4. 10:00 "ENRK??? ... departing the area...". It hapends when PF3 will not find suitable runway for ENTN dept. airfield.

5. 10:40 FSS can give correct ceter freq when asked.

6. 18:10 Controller asked me to report airfield in sight, then he should inform me that I can switch to local freq. 122.90 (freq. for ENRK is added/saved again just in case and check. 00:25) Unfortunately command "8" report airfield in sight does not work. PF3 has choosen "amend to alternate" instead of "report airfield in sight".

I have forgotten to report on finalt
Rest was ok.

Movie link below
https://youtu.be/LrevU0drdak

Attachments
Logs and some files.rar
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 191 times

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Wrong PF3_FS9_Runways.dat attached, it should be PF3_FSX_Runways.dat
Sorry

Attachments
PF3_FSX_Runways.rar
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 pm

mrfoxik wrote: *  Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 pm
1. 01:00 as you can see PF3 produces freq for dept airport but ctrl and dest are empty. I have noticed that when I delate pf3_freqs.dat file to force to create new one, PF3 very often produces empty file. Finaly after some flights in completly random situation it will load all freq's.
The log contains error messages regarding this, which Dave needs to take a look at:
2019-10-14 12:50:59: 900 - iAppF changed to 132.5 at ***2
****** ERROR ****** 9 WriteFreqsForPFEDisplay Loc: A0
--
2019-10-14 12:51:07: 400 - iAppF changed to 132.5 at ***2
--
2019-10-14 12:56:06: 300 - iAppF changed to 132.5 at ***2
--
2019-10-14 13:00:16: 600 - iAppF changed to 132.5 at ***2
b) The mission briefing is empty in fsx but sometimes freq are sown there correctly.
This is a usual FSX problem: Just click on a different tab of the kneeboard and back to the mission briefing to update the display.
6. 18:10 Controller asked me to report airfield in sight, then he should inform me that I can switch to local freq. 122.90 (freq. for ENRK is added/saved again just in case and check. 00:25) Unfortunately command "8" report airfield in sight does not work. PF3 has choosen "amend to alternate" instead of "report airfield in sight".
I'm not sure, but it seems to be that you were still in contact with Departure. The docs do not contain this hotkey for Departure, but for some other facilities (e.g. Approach) this is to report going to the alternate. I guess this is a followup problem of the earlier things you reported here.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mrfoxik
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Hey again.
Today I have tested new version of PF3 on VFR and IFR type of flights on the same rute ENTN - ENRK. During IFR every thing was working almost perfectly, FSS gave me ctrl freq, near the destination airfield he asked me to connect to approach and then after some while controller said the where is the airfield and asked me to "report airfield in sight". i do not remember if I was able to report airfield in sight by pressing 8 button. Only one problem what I had was unable to use on unicom, report "departing the area" (8 button) after take off from departure airfield.

During VFR, it was other story. FSS gave 0,0 Mhz of ctrl freq. I have found in "mission briefing" freq to the deparature and he was able to provide flight following. But near destination controller said where is the airfield and asked me to report airfield in sight (exactly the same way as in IFR above). BUT unfortunately I was unable to use 8 button and report airfield in sight, because I was connected to the departure freq all the time. Moreover controller even did not ask me to change the freq. It seems that PF3 was keeping me on departure freq all the time.

Let me know if you need any more informations or tests.

Greetings

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: