OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC directs me on a wrong heading

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
bbruechmann
Post subject: ATC directs me on a wrong heading
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:11 pm

I´ve had it several times, that the atc command me in a heading direction which is weird and wrong because it´s complete different direction to the flight plan.
As i can see in the log file, it seems that PF3 mess up with the given initial altitude and gives the same number for the heading.

Loaded FP: EDDL to EDDH - VCP Mode OFF - TAs 5000 / 5000
ComFreq: 123.5 <> ClearanceFreq: 121.77
Lufthansa 2032 cleared to Echo Delta Delta Hotel Mike Echo Victor Echo Lima at Flight Level 180 departure approved Squawk 6126 Departure 136.6
Squawk 6126 Departure 136.6
Lufthansa 2032 Readback correct. Contact Ground on 121.9 for push and start
Lufthansa 2032 push and start approved Contact Ground When ready to taxi
Lufthansa 2032 stand by
Lufthansa 2032 Roger. Taxi to holding point, runway 05 Left using taxiway Tango Papa 1 Tango Papa 2 Tango Papa 3 Lima 6 Mike Lima 7 Lima 8 Lima 9 Kilo 5
Lima 6 Mike Lima 7 Lima 8 Lima 9 Kilo 5
Lufthansa 2032 Contact Tower on 118.3
Lufthansa 2032 Winds 100 at 9 runway 05 Left Cleared for takeoff departure via Mike Echo Victor Echo Lima at Flight Level 180
Lufthansa 2032 Contact departure on 136.6
Lufthansa 2032 Turn right heading 180
Lufthansa 2032 Roger
Lufthansa 2032 Contact DUSSELDORF RADAR on 118.75
Roger Lufthansa 2032 Radar contact

As you can see in the example above i was cleared via SID MEVEL by Tower, but right after takeoff, departure headed me on course 180 which is the complete opposite direction to MEVEL SID.
Please can you have a look if you can fix this. It seems the reason is, that the number of the given FL apears two times (green highlighted)

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ATC directs me on a wrong heading
Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am
Site Admin

Please zip and attach the debug log file from your PF3/logs folder. With the log we are unable to see what has been going on.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:06 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 am
Please zip and attach the debug log file from your PF3/logs folder.
Hi Dave, here you are! I hope it will help to correct this.
reg.
Bernd

Attachments
Logs.zip
(433.53 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:42 pm
Site Admin

Unfortunately that's not the log file for the flight in question. If the same problem occurs please report again but include the debug log file with your post, otherwise, by the time I get to asking for it you may have completed a couple more flights and the log will have been overwritten

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:34 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:42 pm
Unfortunately that's not the log file for the flight in question.
Uhh, isn´t it?! I have no other logfiles as you see here attached my folder. I haven´t done another flight since the one i raised the issue. :? Which of alle the files contain "debug" in the name is the one you need? I´am confused.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Log.jpg (56.59 KiB) Viewed 3060 times

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 am

The file we need is the debug_monitor.log file and it seems for some reason that file was missing from the zip archive you posted. If you still have the file from the flight in question, try zipping and posting it again.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi Dave, it seems that you need exactly that file, off course i accidently forgot to put into the ZIP. :? Here it is and it´s should show the data of the flight i mentioned about. Thank´s for your help and i will not forget to thank you for the wonderful ATC. I startet many years ago with PF2000 and that was one reason to count on yours.

Cheers
Bernd

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(465.16 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:24 am
Site Admin

Okay, sorry for the delay but I must admit I clean forgot about this one! :oops:

Just checked the log and what appears to have happened is you missed the first waypoint by about 34 miles. As you reached your initial altitude SID mode was deactivated and PF3 then detects you are moving away from the first waypoint. Even though you are using a SID you are still expected to hit each waypoint. You could have used the 'Direct to XXX' (your second waypoint) to continue the flight without having to go back to waypoint #1

Hope that makes sense and helps

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Petercove
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Just reading this can I ask a question? Planned flight KMDW to KSAN. Tower says fly runway heading and climb to 7000 ft. Contact Approach and further climb instructions given. No resume own nav until I was 156 miles off course. Should I have just followed the SID? Apparently I cant request direct to XXX until I get resume own nav?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Petercove wrote:
Tower says fly runway heading and climb to 7000 ft. Contact Approach and further climb instructions given. No resume own nav until I was 156 miles off course. Should I have just followed the SID? Apparently I cant request direct to XXX until I get resume own nav?
To tell exactly what happened we need to see the log file for the flight, which is the debug_monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. The file needs to be zipped to be attached to your post. However, you were given heading instructions off the runway ('Fly runway heading') which means SID mode was not activated. When SID mode is off, you will get vectors to put you on course to your first waypoint. If SID mode is on, you will not be given an initial heading or vectors off the runway and will instead be cleared for the Delta Papa or some other SID name you have designated. It is then up to you to navigate to your first flight-plan waypoint, using a published procedure or whatever you want. You are still expected to hit your first waypoint. And yes you cannot request 'Direct To' until you are cleared to resume own navigation.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: