OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

i can't get past starting flight and then...nothng

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
jbellego
Post subject: Re: i can't get past starting flight and then...nothng
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 am

Hi all! Here's my next challenge.
I cannot find in FSX how to place my aircraft elsewhere, other than what is happening by default...at the runway.
This is what I get while creating flight plan on FSX, and while saving it: "Do you want FS to move your aircraft to the departure airport listed on your flight plan?"
I appreciate the help!

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:05 am

There are multiple ways to do this, probably the easiest to explain is:
When already in the aircraft use the FSX menu World -> Airport (or something like this), then you will get something like the following:
[ img ]

After selecting the airport, you can click where the red arrow points to and select a gate or parking spot.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 am

Thank you all!
I was now able to position myself at the gate, and after following instructions by ATC, I was guided to runway x without problem. Once I held before runway I got a message: You have reached the holding point. TGI Deactivated. As I clicked 0, I kept getting instructions to taxi to runway and hold repeatedly. I was never auhorized to taxi to the runway and hold or take off. Please advise?
Jean

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:22 am

jbellego wrote: *  Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 am
As I clicked 0, I kept getting instructions to taxi to runway and hold repeatedly. I was never auhorized to taxi to the runway and hold or take off. Please advise?
When tuned to Tower, hotkey 0 requests taxi to runway, as you have done. When you reach the holding point, you will press 6 to request takeoff clearance from Tower. Again this is unusual because your departure airport has no Ground frequency. Things will be much simpler when you depart from an airport that has Clearance, Ground, and Tower (like KORD and many others). Remember that once you take off you should not need to tune Departure manually.

In the PF3 Display utility, the section "Commands available for the COM frequency currently active" should show a summary of the key commands for the current frequency. If you are tuned to Tower, 0 will be used to request taxi to runway and 6 to request takeoff clearance (these are usually only necessary when there is no Ground frequency, as in this case).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello all,

Always grateful for the help and patience with yours truly.
I finally managed to get a flight out, after all the help!
There are still a few items that I will have to sort out before I can say things are running smoothly with PF3. I will try to get another flight now and, if successful, I will then install FDC, hoping that they will all interact nicely and smoothly.

I do have one question that might hopefully still fall withing this query: I created a very short flight from Louisville, KY KSDF to Lexington KY KLEX (about 40 minutes in Cessna C172SP Skyhawk). Regardless of how many changes I make to the flight planner (ILS, VFR, GPS etc), PF3 will keep on saying that I must have at least one waypoint in my flight plan, when selecting said Flight Plan.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Yes, you need to have at least one waypoint, even for short VFR flights. As far as PF3 is concerned, the waypoints do not need to be actual VORs or intersections or published fixes. Many flight planners (I don't know about the default FS flight planner because I haven't used it in ages) allow you to create user waypoints at any location. These user waypoints work fine in PF3 (keep the waypoint name or identifier to no more than 5 or 6 characters).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks Dan. I have no idea where or how to create a waypoint in FSX but, i understand you don't use FSX to create flight plans and I am just quite thankful for all your kind help.
I would like to ask this: I think I have finally accomplished this mission, so far. I have managed to fly from point a to point b.
I do have questions, indeed, regarding several matters. Should I open another topic? or should I just leave this one open?
If the answer is, open another topic, please let me thank all of you for being so nice and friendly. Best regards.

Jean Bellego

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 am
Site Admin

Always best to open another topic for each 'topic' otherwise it can get quite unwieldy browsing long threads

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:31 am

ok, Understood. thanks.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: