OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 doesn't respond after connecting

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
vgbaron
Post subject: PF3 doesn't respond after connecting
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 pm

P3D V4.3 - W10

I'm wondering if this might be a flightplan issue but let's see.

Problem - start PF3 - Start P3D - move to airport - load fp in PF3 - connect to FS - see init messages but no FREQ info - hit 0 to contact clearance - nothing.

MOST of the time when I do this, the co pilot has tuned the freq and clearance is contacted but with this fp - nothing happens. Plan included in zip.

Aircraft is the Milviz 310R Redux with the GTN750 - this ac has worked before.

The plan is created in Little Navmap and saved as a pln - sometimes they work in PF3 and sometimes not - trying to figure out what the issue is.

Thanx,

Vic Baron

Attachments
Logs.zip
(46.52 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: PF3 doesn't respond after connecting
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 am

You are departing from an uncontrolled airport:
Quote:
Frequencies for WP: 0 KAXX
Mul - 122.8
Uni - 122.9
Grd - 0
Twr - 0
Clr - 0
App - 123.5
Dep - 123.6
FSS - 0
so you should contact FSS to open your flight plan, then taxi, and tune an advisory frequency (Unicom or Multicom) to announce you are ready to take the runway. If there is no designated FSS frequency (as appears to be the case here), the default FSS frequency is 122.2. Once airborne, tune Departure frequency and press 0 to make contact.

Usually the initial frequencies are shown on the FS kneeboard when you first connect (if selected, as you have done) but I'm not sure if this works in P3D. If you do not usually see a list of frequencies when you first connect PF3, run the PF3 Display utility (pf3_display.exe which is located in your PF3\PF3_Displayer folder) after you have connected. If you click and hold on "Dept Freqs" at lower right, a list of departure airport frequencies will appear and should show the frequency data above.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vgbaron
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:25 pm

My usual mode of operation is to press 0 to contact clearance - this usually results in contacting clearance OR a message showing contact frequency - if I tune it and press 0 - all is ok.

My confusion is that on this plan, pressing 0 results in nothing, not even the message to connect to clearance.

I'll try the procedure you mention and see if that works.

Thanx,

Vic

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 pm

One additional hint: You can ask FSS (122.2 unless the airfield has a dedicated frequency) for field advisories, and it will tell you the frequency of Unicom or Multicom to ask there :)

See my example in this thread

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vgbaron
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:55 am

Thanx! Your suggestions worked as expected. I guess I was looking for something else because I didn't fully understand how the program functions. Typical user error. I'll go through the manual again - don't know how I missed this type of info.

Funny - with all the time I flew IRL I've done this type of procedure hundreds of times - just couldn't see how to do it in PF3 - now I know. :D

Thanx again for the help!

Vic

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 am

One other thing to mention: If there is no Clearance frequency at your departure airport but there is a Ground frequency, Ground will issue your clearance. If there is no Clearance or Ground frequency, Tower will issue your clearance. If none of those (Clearance, Ground, Tower) are present at your departure airport, you have the situation you had in this case and you contact FSS.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vgbaron
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Got it!

Thanx!

Vic

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]