OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 randomiser V3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dan77
Post subject: Re: PF3 randomiser V3
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:43 am

Ashun wrote: *  Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 am
No just SID name. LPPT airport and IDBID Sid.the fist point of flight plan is end of sid which was idbid. In PF3, waypoint I had marked that as end of Sid. On sid star page, if sid box was unticked then I should have been given either runway heading for take off or some other heading and not sid departure.
I don't use Randomizer but in PF3 if you designate a waypoint as end-of-SID, this activates SID mode and you will not be given an initial heading or vectors, even if the SID box is unticked.

User Guide p. 79:
Quote:
However, using the Set END of SID/DP button you can select any waypoint in your flight plan to mark the end of your published departure. If you use this feature PF3 will use the same altitude you may have set in the SID/STAR page and will also turn on the global SID Active option if it is currently off.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 am

Randomizer is not able to change that the SID checkbox gets irrelevant if you define an End of SID waypoint. So this is the solution. Thanks, Dan!

Just don't define an End of SID waypoint. PF3 will automatically consider your first waypoint as End of SID.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:15 am

Then how does STAR works? I also always define beginning of STAR in waypoint along with holding point. Still if STAR box is unchecked I get vectors and if STAR box is Checked then STAR clearance. This gives unpredictability which is like real life situation.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am

Ashun wrote: *  Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:15 am
Then how does STAR works? I also always define beginning of STAR in waypoint along with holding point. Still if STAR box is unchecked I get vectors and if STAR box is Checked then STAR clearance. This gives unpredictability which is like real life situation.
So everything works fine with the arrival, doesn't it?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am

Absolutely. There is so much realism in it. You are never sure if you are given STAR or vectored which is what happens in real world.
The issue is about SID. If STAR settings can work then why not SID?

My standard procedure is to open randomiser and select SID and STARs, set percentage for SID and STAR and confirm .It opens PF3. I select route and define end of SID and beginning for STAR with holding point. I dont open SID STAR page so that i am not aware whether i will be given vectors or not.
Fire up simulator, link PF3 to it.
If I select SID end point and then i will always be given SID then, it takes away the element of randomness.
I will try and fly without defining SID end point and see if there is randomness in getting vectors and SID.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Things are different with STARs because in PF3 the STAR checkbox and the start-of-STAR waypoint boxes work independently. You can set a waypoint as the start of your STAR, and if you leave the STARs box unticked you will get vectors after your last waypoint. If the STARs box is ticked you will not get vectors. In the case of SIDs the functions are not independent. If you set a waypoint as end of your SID, it automatically acts as if the SID box is ticked and you will not get vectors. You would probably need to make a feature request and maybe Dave can look into uncoupling the functions for SIDs so you could set a waypoint as end of your SID and still get vectors after takeoff.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm

you are right
If i do not select end of SID in waypoint page and SID box is unticked, it gives me vectors for departure and if ticked, then SID. I works well now.
Thanks for your help.
One more scoring point for PF3.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Ashun wrote: *  Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm
you are right
If i do not select end of SID in waypoint page and SID box is unticked, it gives me vectors for departure and if ticked, then SID. I works well now.
Thanks for your help.
One more scoring point for PF3.
Glad to hear!
As I said above. You don't need to define an End of SID. Just leave that blank and enjoy the randomized PF3. ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: