OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 randomiser V3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Ashun
Post subject: PF3 randomiser V3
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:01 pm

I think PF3 randomiser has stopped working after new PF3 update.
To try it, I opened ramidomizer 3 with SID 10% and STAR setting of 50% and activated it. It opened PF3 and when I opened SID STAR window of PF3, SID boxed was unticked and STAR was. I in reality, I should have been given vectors on departure. However, when i contacted ATC for clearance, i was told to use given SID ( it recognized selected SID) and even at the time of departure, tower instructed me to use SID. However SID box was unchecked.
Can you look into it?
Thanks

Profile Quote
Ashun
Post subject: Re: PF3 randomiser V3
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:58 am

I tried few times and realized that randomizer puts correct data in PF3 as correct selected SID and STAR names are put in. It also randomly selects SID and STAR active boxes. I thin kthere is issue with PF3 as even if SID active box is unchecked, while departure and tower both give fly to SID command. There is no runway heading or different heading given. I think this has happened after new update.
Can you please check and let me know if i am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks for the update. Since Randomizer does nothing else than what you do when you manually check / unckeck the SID / STAR boxes I think you are right with your assumption, that this is not an issue with the Randomizer but possibly with PF3.

Please attach the logs of your next flight should it happen again.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:11 pm

This happened today as well. If you I used randomiser to select SID and STAR, set 30% for SID and 20% for STAR.
PF3 asked me to follow SID istead of giving me heading for departure even if SID box was unchecked in PF3 SID and STAR setting.
STAR box was also unchecked and i was given vectors to runway for landing which worked perfectly.

How do i add log file? It does not let me attach any file with this e mail saying extension is not allowed.

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:06 pm

please find the attach log.

Attachments
pf3 log lpptlepa.zip
(1015.42 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:31 pm

I am away from my PC these days so cannot look at the logs. Maybe someone else can take a look?

I can't imagine this is caused by the Randomizer because all it does is change the setting in the PF3.ini file.

Ashun, did you happen to start a new flight without closing PF3 after your last flight? That might mess things up. You should always close and restart PF3 when starting a new flight.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:03 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Ashun, did you happen to start a new flight without closing PF3 after your last flight? That might mess things up. You should always close and restart PF3 when starting a new flight.
Ditto

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:56 pm

It was a completely new flight with new pf3. I checked pf3 Sid star boxes after I completed flight. SID bax was untied but still got departure through SID. I had no problem with STAR. the box was untied and I was vectored in properly.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:43 pm

And you did not define a runway specific SID?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 am

No just SID name. LPPT airport and IDBID Sid.the fist point of flight plan is end of sid which was idbid. In PF3, waypoint I had marked that as end of Sid. On sid star page, if sid box was unticked then I should have been given either runway heading for take off or some other heading and not sid departure.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: