OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Not a good flight today.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
bobsk8
Post subject: Not a good flight today.
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 pm

First thing that happened, on a flight from EGSS to EIKN was when I asked for taxi instructions, and got the double standby. I waited over 5 minutes, could get no response at all from ATC even for a radio check, tried switching back and forth from ground to tower, and gave up and restarted PF3. Same thing happened, no taxi clearance, so I just taxied to the runway after waiting another 5 minutes. By the way it was a straight run from where I had parked to the active runway.. Finally got taxi clearance, when I was already on the runway, I switched to tower, and got takeoff clearance on a SID. I had set 6000 feet at NUGBO, the end of the sid followed by a cruise altitude of 24,000. Passed NUGBO and kept flying with no further climb instructions. Next waypoint at Silva or even XXX prior to Silva was supposed to be 24,000. After flying many, many miles, I finally just asked for a 9000 increase to 14,000. Again same thing, no further increase in Altitude after I hit 14,000. Now I am at 14,000 feet doing about 265 knots and ATC tells me to reduce airspeed to 250....... I was about 80 miles from departure airport , EGSS at that point. It appear to me that PF3 wanted me to do the entire flight at 14,000 and 250 knots.

At that point, I terminated the flight. Do you see anything wrong in the log?

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(183.41 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Not a good flight today.
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:09 pm
Site Admin

Just had a quick look at your log and yes, I can see it took 9 minutes to find a taxi route. We use two different algorithms, the first and fastest method returned an error of 'Unable to find a suitable connecting path to the destination'. If that fails (as it did here) we have a fallback method which, as you experienced, takes some time to complete. Having said that I believe you have a serious issue with your AFCAD file as I have never known such a thing at EGSS which is a relatively small airport when it comes to taxiways.

Your altitude issues were caused by you changing the altitude for waypoint #2 from 24,000 to 5,000, yet you chose to leave waypoint #1 and waypoint #3 at 24,000'

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:09 pm
Just had a quick look at your log and yes, I can see it took 9 minutes to find a taxi route. We use two different algorithms, the first and fastest method returned an error of 'Unable to find a suitable connecting path to the destination'. If that fails (as it did here) we have a fallback method which, as you experienced, takes some time to complete. Having said that I believe you have a serious issue with your AFCAD file as I have never known such a thing at EGSS which is a relatively small airport when it comes to taxiways.

Your altitude issues were caused by you changing the altitude for waypoint #2 from 24,000 to 5,000, yet you chose to leave waypoint #1 and waypoint #3 at 24,000'
OK, now I remember that a lower altitude has to be preceded by something lower... Will remember that. The AFCAD for that airport is from the ORBX FTX England scenery, so other may run into that. I think I will re-fly that route and use the other runway for takeoff.

Thanks,

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
OK, now I remember that a lower altitude has to be preceded by something lower...
Not necessarily, it could be the same, so in your case you could have made #1 @ 5000, #2 @ 5000 and then left #3 @ 24000

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:40 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Quote:
OK, now I remember that a lower altitude has to be preceded by something lower...
Not necessarily, it could be the same, so in your case you could have made #1 @ 5000, #2 @ 5000 and then left #3 @ 24000
OK. Now I am waiting for taxi clearance again, thought I could ask for different runway, but immediately got only one standby, and still waiting.. I guess ground just doesn't like this airport... ;)

PS Got taxi clearance after about 5 minutes, Altitude working well at end of Sid, just cleared to cruising altitude. Everything working well.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Bob,
why not try again using the light/Free version of Stansted from UK2000,as Dave said it also could be the afcad that's causing a fault with your FP.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:10 pm

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 pm
Bob,
why not try again using the light/Free version of Stansted from UK2000,as Dave said it also could be the afcad that's causing a fault with your FP.
I might do that. I would have thought that the ORBX FTX England version would work OK, but guess not. I even tried two different parking positions. Might check the Orbx forum and see if anyone else has an issue with that AFCAD.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: