OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
nbillo
Post subject: Re: Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:14 am

bobsk8 wrote: *  Sun May 27, 2018 5:51 pm
I had this happen again this morning using Mode 1, where climb altitude never happened. I don't think I missed any instruction, but I can't decipher the log file to figure it out. I was cleared to initial altitude of 13,000 and that was it, no more altitude changes and my flight plan was for 36,000 which I checked in PF3. Then no hot keys worked after that for altitude changes.
FYI
This happens to me quite a lot of the time and I've found it's to do with not hitting your transition altitude. Depending on what you have your transition altitude set for the country you're operating in makes you not hit the initial climb altitude, so ATC just sits and waits until you hit the altitude. If you've set the transition altitude for say 6000 and you correctly switch over to standard pressure once you reach it, but the country you're operating in has a different transition altitude especially if it's higher, you're always below what ATC has cleared you to. If I make this mistake, I switch the pressure back and climb up the few hundred feet. As soon as I hit the altitude, I always get a response from ATC to continue my flight plan and they then clear me to the next level.
It seems to work for me every time I have this issue.
Hope it helps

Nigel

Profile Quote
reecemj
Post subject: Re: Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Nigel so don’t switch over to standard pressure until u here from atc?

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:48 pm

ATC has never told me to switch to standard pressure. What setting do you have to make that happen??????

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 pm
Site Admin

ATC don't tell you to switch to standard pressure.... not even in the real world as far as I know. :)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 pm

When you connect PF3 to the sim, a summary box is displayed in the sim which shows the departure and destination airports, closed caption status, VCP Mode, and TAs for the airports:
Quote:
Loaded FP: LGAV to URSS - Closed Captions ON - VCP Mode 2 - TAs 8000 / 4000
but you will need to switch to the sim right after connecting PF3 in order to see it.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:37 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 pm
ATC don't tell you to switch to standard pressure.... not even in the real world as far as I know. :)
That's what I thought.....

[ img ]

Profile Quote
reecemj
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Just wanted to know what the fix was when u don’t hear from atc after takeoff. Let the pressure altimeter stay at what the atis or atc gives then when reaching the transition level u should hear from atc, then when told go to flight level xxxx which to 1013.. is this correct guys? This what am understanding from Nigel .

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:53 pm

reecemj wrote: *  Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm
Just wanted to know what the fix was when u don’t hear from atc after takeoff. Let the pressure altimeter stay at what the atis or atc gives then when reaching the transition level u should hear from atc, then when told go to flight level xxxx which to 1013.. is this correct guys? This what am understanding from Nigel .
My guess is you are missing comm with ATC, like forgetting to contact the next controller or acknowledging an instruction. Try running in CP mode 2 and see what happens.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am

ATC implicitly tells you: When they give you a "flight level" you need to switch to standard 1013.25/29.92, when they give you an altitude in feet, switch back to QNH.
(for both you should probably wait until you reach the transition altitude, but better do it sooner than too late)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
reecemj
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am
ATC implicitly tells you: When they give you a "flight level" you need to switch to standard 1013.25/29.92, when they give you an altitude in feet, switch back to QNH.
(for both you should probably wait until you reach the transition altitude, but better do it sooner than too late)
Thomas thanks for the tip and I always use com 2.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: