OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No Control Center transfer during a flight.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
drumsart
Post subject: No Control Center transfer during a flight.
Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 pm

During my last flight I was transferred after takeoff to the first control center area and then nothing... I noticed this when I saw that the PF3_display program had got stuck on my crossing point relative to my SID end. Pf3 had not transferred me on the two remaining control center regions. So, I changed it automatically while I was supposed to be on approach, this had the consequence to allow me to finish the flight correctly with PF3... This is the first time I've had this problem.

Like usual, please find attached Logs+fp

Thank you and Regards,

Attachments
Logs.rar
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
drumsart
Post subject: Re: No Control Center transfer during a flight.
Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Anyone ? 8-)

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm

I don't have a good answer but it looks like for some reason the check-in with your first control center (Oakland) may never have completed properly. I can see where you were handed off, and the frequency was changed and the log has a hotkey 0 entry for check in, but after that Oakland Center should have acknowledged your check-in and that did not happen. You got traffic advisories, but if the check-in did not complete properly for some reason, it would explain the lack of further Center handoffs. I would probably just try to repeat the flight and make sure Center acknowledges the check-in and hopefully the flight will proceed normally.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm
I don't have a good answer but it looks like for some reason the check-in with your first control center (Oakland) may never have completed properly. I can see where you were handed off, and the frequency was changed and the log has a hotkey 0 entry for check in, but after that Oakland Center should have acknowledged your check-in and that did not happen. You got traffic advisories, but if the check-in did not complete properly for some reason, it would explain the lack of further Center handoffs. I would probably just try to repeat the flight and make sure Center acknowledges the check-in and hopefully the flight will proceed normally.
I think I know what might have happened. I was flying with MCE. So, I noticed that when the FO changing frequencies, the frequencies available for the COM in the PF3_Display program appear only after a few seconds but the FO contacts the Center often before these same frequencies appear. Sometimes I have the reflex to ask the FO to contact the Center again in order to have the expected answer "Roger Callsign"...

Now if that is indeed the problem, maybe MCE's FO could wait until the frequencies are displayed before contacting the center operator.

"and the frequency was changed and the log has a hotkey 0 entry for check in"
But what I don't understand is why PF3 doesn't take into account for example in a buffer the key that is sent by MCE (in this case the hotkey "0"). Timing issue ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 am
Site Admin

PF3 didn't know anything about MCE. It doesn't send anything to MCE. It primarily works by MCE 'intercepting' PF3 hotkeys.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:45 pm

drumsart wrote: *  Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am
Dan77 wrote: *  Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm
I think I know what might have happened. I was flying with MCE. So, I noticed that when the FO changing frequencies, the frequencies available for the COM in the PF3_Display program appear only after a few seconds but the FO contacts the Center often before these same frequencies appear. Sometimes I have the reflex to ask the FO to contact the Center again in order to have the expected answer "Roger Callsign"...

Now if that is indeed the problem, maybe MCE's FO could wait until the frequencies are displayed before contacting the center operator.

"and the frequency was changed and the log has a hotkey 0 entry for check in"
But what I don't understand is why PF3 doesn't take into account for example in a buffer the key that is sent by MCE (in this case the hotkey "0"). Timing issue ?

Regards,
I did the flight again but this time with the PTT Pause Interval set at 7 seconds instead of 12. With this parameter the transfer has been taken into account by PF3 8-). Just out of curiosity what do you recommend/use in terms of seconds?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:58 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 am
PF3 didn't know anything about MCE. It doesn't send anything to MCE. It primarily works by MCE 'intercepting' PF3 hotkeys.

Correct me but where in my post would I write something that would suggest the opposite...?

Regards

Richard Portier

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:06 pm
Site Admin

drumsart wrote: *  Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Correct me but where in my post would I write something that would suggest the opposite...?

Regards
Quote:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:08 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:06 pm
drumsart wrote: *  Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Regards
Quote:
Yes, so ? I agree, Mce sent hotkey "0", ....if I refer to Dan77's post " I can see where you were handed off, and the frequency was changed and the log has a hotkey 0 entry for check in, but after that Oakland Center should have acknowledged your check-in and that did not happen."

That fact calls for questioning how PF3 handled that (the hotkey "0" in the log and no acknowledged of the check-in by PF3), doesn't it? Why ?

I suggested that there might be a timing/synchronization problem which seems to be true depending on the value entered in the PTT Pause interval option. Again I never said PF3 (great Atc program btw) was sending anything to Mce. And to tell you the truth, I don't see the connection between this (little) issue and your answer.

Thank you.

Richard Portier

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:43 pm

drumsart wrote: *  Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 pm
During my last flight I was transferred after takeoff to the first control center area and then nothing... I noticed this when I saw that the PF3_display program had got stuck on my crossing point relative to my SID end. Pf3 had not transferred me on the two remaining control center regions. So, I changed it automatically while I was supposed to be on approach, this had the consequence to allow me to finish the flight correctly with PF3... This is the first time I've had this problem.

Like usual, please find attached Logs+fp

Thank you and Regards,
Please have a look at these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2791

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2812.

This might have been your issue. Should it happen again that your check-in call gets no reply, try to manually switch to the next center frequency and check in there.
MCE users seem to be more prone to this problem because the handoff procedure with MCE takes a little longer, thus increasing the risk of crossing the next Center boundary before completion of the handoff.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: