OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
bobsk8
Post subject: Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful
Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:12 pm

I tried a short flight with PF3 today, and kind of gave up on it shortly after takeoff. I was initially cleared to 8000 feet, then after being told to switch to center, was told to resume own navigation. I had filed a flight plan to 24,000 for the Q400 and never received any further instructions to climb higher after reaching 8000 . The only comm with atc that seemed to work was telling PF3 my location, all other hotkeys didn't work, like asking for a higher altitude. Finally I decided to just start climbing to 24,000, and after a couple of thousand feet was told to got back to 8000 feet again. At that point I just quit the flight.

I think I did everything correctly.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(256.69 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Post subject: Re: Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful
Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Second flight, same route, much more successful. I let the co pilot handle comms this time, must have missed something the first time. Only question is on the approach, I was vectored to the ILS for runway 35. I intercepted the localizer and GS perfectly, and then ATC told me to continue a heading that would have taken me past the localizer that I was already locked onto, and also to me to go back to 4500, while I was already descending on the glide-slope and was at about 3700. Is that typical when intercepting the ILS and should the instructions when on the ILS be just ignored?

Other than that, it was an excellent flight with good vectoring to the ILS.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(594.11 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Haven't used PF3 in a very long time, tried today, not very sucessful
Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:11 am

Quote:
FAFAlt=4000
FAFDist=9
It looks like you have your FAF altitude set at 4000 (Options #2 screen, Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks, Approach section) so ATC will not descend you below 4500 in this case (taking into account the elevation of your destination airport). The default value for the FAF altitude is 3000, and you would have been cleared to descend to 3500.

Also if for whatever reason you find yourself going through the localizer (maybe ATC instructions are a bit late due to system resources or large amount of AI traffic), you can press hotkey 1 to be cleared at pilot's discretion and can then continue with the intercept.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Your original post describes my problem...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2845

For reasons I state there, I am 99% sure that this isn't occurring because of a missed instruction (my own thoughts when it first started happening). I wonder if this has only started happening since I decided to use Mode 1 instead of Mode 2. I'd much rather stick with Mode 1 now, so I hope someone can get to the bottom of this.

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:51 pm

I had this happen again this morning using Mode 1, where climb altitude never happened. I don't think I missed any instruction, but I can't decipher the log file to figure it out. I was cleared to initial altitude of 13,000 and that was it, no more altitude changes and my flight plan was for 36,000 which I checked in PF3. Then no hot keys worked after that for altitude changes.

Attachments
old_debug_monitor.zip
(45.45 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Last edited by bobsk8 on Sun May 27, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Yep, exactly the same symptoms as I am getting (though not every flight).

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:11 am

Been flying PF3 now for about a week, probably around 25+ flights. Once I ironed out some mistakes I was making, like forgetting to check in after every frequency switch, and acknowledge ATC instructions , every flight has been perfect. I actually was a beta tester for another ATC program, and decided to give PF3 another try once I stopped beta testing due to some issues with my version of P3D. Best decision I ever made. . :D :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:41 am
Site Admin

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. It is much appreciated. :)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am

yes, thank you \o/

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: