OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runway change request has suddenly stopped working

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Runway change request has suddenly stopped working
Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:53 pm

I wonder if someone could have a quick look at the log and see if PF3 actually received any change runway request... this was working fine until a few days back, but now pressing Ctrl+Shift+Z (Runway Override in the keyboard assignments) no longer gets any response. If the request is being received, can you see why it is ignored? If it isn't being received, what might the reason be? I have flown more than one aircraft on several flights this week and no response to Ctrl+Shift+Z at all - can't see how that key combination would suddenly cause problems where there were not before.

(Why is the log so big - 18MBs unzipped? My debug level is 2 (Dave M asked me to put it to 2 ages ago for some diagnostic reason. Should I change it? I guess I can start a new log, too: I assume the logs are cumulative?).

Thanks.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 157 times

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: Runway change request has suddenly stopped working
Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Ok... another flight and I tested the Ctrl+Shift+Z... if I ask for a change of runway at departure, Remote Text gives me the option to choose another. When I try the same thing at the destination airport, nothing happens. ATC confirms the runway automatically, with no input from me (in Mode 1) (Dave M has said that will be fixed at the next update) but after that Ctrl+Shift+Z does nothing. As I say, up until recently I had no issues with this. be great to know how I can fix it, as I can't change my landing runway now :?

Oh, one other thing: I have the option checked to make a little beep (I changed it to a bit of radio noise) when PF3 successfully receives a command. At departure the little noise confirms that this has gone to PF3 OK, and Remote Text shows my options. At destination, when I press Ctrl+Shift+Z, I get no confirming little noise at all.. just silence.

Attach log for above flight (which I see, aren't cumulative at all).

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(590.65 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:16 pm
Site Admin

Please change your Debug Level to '4', then recreate the problem and attach your log file. After that you can reduce your debug level to what you have now.

And no, logs are not cumulative.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Quote:
Attach log for above flight (which I see, aren't cumulative at all).
OK Dave, will do, thanks.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi,

Changed debug to Level 4.... ATC gave me Rwy 01L at VTBS. I asked for 01R a few seconds after the ATC instructions ended - Ctrl+Shift+Z. No response (and no confirming little 'beep' to say 'message received by PF3). On the other hand, as I said before, (although I forgot to do it on this flight), the exact same key combination always seems to work OK if you request a change of departure runway.. only approaching the arrival airport is there no response.

I also don't know why, on being cleared for final, ATC asked me to 'contact Unicom on 0.0' - when, as far as I can see, Bangkok has a full set of COM frequencies, including Tower and Ground. (I tuned to ground manually with no problem, to announce clear of runway after landing).
[ attachment ]
grab_003.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
That's a separate issue of course, but if you can see what happened, from the log... which is too big to upload here (187MBs before compression!). This is a download link:

https://mega.nz/#!Goo2FTgL!6J6W92UiCsYk ... zLeBZdcFH4

Thank you Dave.

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Well, even though Ctrl+Shift+Z worked at departure, I thought best to try another key combination. Changed it to Ctrl+Shift+Q and the runway change request now works again. Only had one test, but unless I report back, seems fixed. No idea what has suddenly started interfering with the setting I had working fine for years...

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:12 pm

martinlest wrote: *  Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:30 pm
No idea what has suddenly started interfering with the setting I had working fine for years...
One reason a key combination may stop working is a conflict with another program (the sim itself or an add-on) that uses the same key combination, though unusual for it to work at departure and not arrival. Trying another combination is probably the best way around it.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Quote:
One reason a key combination may stop working is a conflict with another program (the sim itself or an add-on) that uses the same key combination
Sure, but I don't think I installed any programme in the interim. Well, as long as it's working OK again, I won't worry too much about why - probably never know ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: