OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

"Stand By" for Ever...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
drumsart
Post subject: "Stand By" for Ever...
Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:40 am

Hi,

I made many flights without problem until today. After requested the taxi clearance, Ground Control Center answered me "Piper 91 Papa Stand by.......Stand by" (2 times Stand By then nothing) ! I waited a long time, PF3 stopped...

I tried a few more times with the same issue like result. Tried with Mce and without Mce.

Logs+Fp attached.

Thank you and Regards,

Attachments
Logs.rar
(60.24 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: "Stand By" for Ever...
Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm

See PF3 locked after tuning ground for a description of the problem and possible workarounds.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:55 am

ThomasAH wrote: *  Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm
See PF3 locked after tuning ground for a description of the problem and possible workarounds.
Thank you Thomas for the link...

In this topic bobsk8 mentioned the problem with KPDX (where I have this problem). Maybe I should try also with another parking spot but....After landing at this airport PF3 drove me very well in no time to the parking spot... So ?

On an other side, seeing that PF3 did not answer, I stopped it and launched another Atc program (VoxAtc), in less than a second the Ground Control found me the good way from the same parking to the runway in service!

I just hope it's one of the few airports where this can happen...because wait for 5' is....mmmmm....no good ;-)

Don't you think the algorithm could be improved from that point of view?

Anyway I'll test and report.

Thanks again and Regards,

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am

It would be nice if the algorithm could be improved (or replaced by something that does not choke on complicated, or even buggy, Afcads), but since it works most of the time, and workarounds exist, I guess that it is not a top priority for Dave.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: