OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

'Maintain Current heading"??

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: 'Maintain Current heading"??
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:20 pm

I was expecting to post back with the log, as requested Dave, to see what was happening re. no descent instructions (my previous thread). Well, on this flight there was no such problem (always the way when you want there to be one, for troubleshooting purposes!). However, another little problem did occur, and as I get this too from time to time (and don't understand why - is it a setting I have checked??), I am posting the log in respect of this...

As I approach my destination, ATC tells me to 'maintain current heading', or 'continue present heading'. Which I do - but as with the descent issue, if I just continue flying I hear no more. Eventually I get far enough past the airport that I turn back and land anyway. As with this flight, ATC is quiet until I land. I retune manually to the ground at that point and I am given a gate, but there were no landing instructions.

Presumably after telling me to continue on my heading, PF3 is waiting for me to do something else - but what? I think I carry out all the instructions re. descent and so on.

I'll post a log to the other thread re. descending next time I encounter that, as I say. Meanwhile, be good to know what is going wrong here, and if it is my fault!!

Thanks again.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(903.16 KiB) Downloaded 280 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: 'Maintain Current heading"??
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:47 am
Site Admin

One of our beta guys has been looking at this and it looks like it's a revival of an old issue we thought we'd corrected back in the ice age and can occur if you haven't descended below your defined control center altitude before reaching the last waypoint in your flight plan. I have moved this back to our 'bugs to be fixed' list to be addressed for the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm

OK, thanks Dave

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:25 pm

I had similar issue today flying Concorde out of JFK, took off from 4L and was told to fly heading 360...and told to fly 360,then got told I was 53 miles off course, so I took it on my own back to fly published route.
Logs saved if you need them Dave.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:33 pm
Site Admin

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:25 pm
I had similar issue today flying Concorde out of JFK, took off from 4L and was told to fly heading 360...and told to fly 360,then got told I was 53 miles off course, so I took it on my own back to fly published route.
Logs saved if you need them Dave.
Dave, please post on Beta Bugs and attach the logs

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Will do..

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 pm

I know you are already on to this Dave, but just in case another log might help. All was fine until 'Maintain heading...' (whatever it was), and then no more ATC. ;)

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(823.09 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm

This only occurs in rare situations but as a workaround, until this is fixed in an upcoming release: If you get an errant "Maintain current heading" or "Maintain heading xxx" call AFTER you have been cleared for an approach at pilot's discretion, hit hotkey 1 to re-request the clearance at pilot's discretion and ATC should continue normally from that point.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm
This only occurs in rare situations but as a workaround, until this is fixed in an upcoming release: If you get an errant "Maintain current heading" or "Maintain heading xxx" call AFTER you have been cleared for an approach at pilot's discretion, hit hotkey 1 to re-request the clearance at pilot's discretion and ATC should continue normally from that point.
Thanks for the workaround Dan, been fighting this for a couple of weeks now. Mostly managed to contact Tower on final but not always. Not that I would dream of landing without permission. :roll:

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 am

I'm feeling a bit bereft! I get 'maintain present heading' frequently, in fact most of the time, yet I always then receive a course correction. What am I doing wrong? :?

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: