OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FDC 3.11 & FSUIPC4

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
LightSpeed
Post subject: FDC 3.11 & FSUIPC4
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

I recently purchased and installed the latest version of FDC Live Cockpit. After I had installed FDC, I read the PDF files regarding the FSUIPC4 version in FDC and it implied that I wouldn't be able to use all of the features of FDC unless I registered my copy of FSUIPC4, which I did for an additional 24.00 Euro. Now I am not sure if this was at all necessary. I would like someone to clarify this.

LightSpeed :roll:

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: FDC 3.11 & FSUIPC4
Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 pm
Site Admin

Well I would like to see the documentation you're referring to please, because if it's at all mis-leading it will need correcting.

You do NOT need to resgister any version of FSUIPC to use all the features in FDC. You do, however, need to register FSUIPC to use all of its features.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LightSpeed
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:56 am

Whenever I install a new program, I like to check all of the readme files that come with it to avoid problems. When you install FDC, FSUIPC4 is installed with it, along with seven PDF files, one of which is a Users Guide. Although, FDC is not mentioned, it is clearly stated in the Users Guide on page 3:
Quote: What you get if you don't pay:
"The ability to run all FSUIPC-dependent application programs. (Commercial and shareware products pay a fee or subscription. All genuine freeware programs get free access keys on application)."

One can only assume that FDC is an FSUIPC-dependent apllication program since it is automatically installed with FDC. Does a registered version of FSUIPC4 add any distinct features to FDC? Whether it does or not, there is still a subtle implication that the person who buys FDC will be missing something in FDC unless he registers. The FSUIPC PDF files do not specifically mention FDC and the FDC Manual doe not mention FSUIPC either, although FSUIPC4 is included in the installation along with the aforementioned PDF files. I think some clarification is needed.

LightSpeed :roll:

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 am
Site Admin

Yes, FSUIPC is included in the installer for FDC to make it easier for the end user. I believe the statement you're referring to has been changed in the later version of the document to simply "The ability to run all FSUIPC-dependent application programs, modules and gauges." and I have to admit that is somewhat confusing. A registered version of FSUIPC offers nothing extra with regard to FDC operations or features whatsoever.

I will mention the above to Pete Dowson and ask him if he will consider changing the statement, but I obviously have no control over whether he does or does not.

I'm sorry if you have purchased something you feel you don't need but the registered version of FSUIPC is most definitely worth every penny in my opinion. Had you asked the question first, before purchasing FSUIPC, we could have saved you 24 Euro.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:20 pm
Site Admin

Well having raised the question with Pete Dowson he has kindly ;-) pointed out the obvious.... the full statement in his document actually reads:-

What you get if you don't pay

The ability to run all FSUIPC-dependent application programs, modules and gauges

With emphasis on "What you get if you don't pay" whereas you (and me too initially) read it as "What you don't get if you don't pay"

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: