OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Arrival runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
wezhei
Post subject: Arrival runway
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello community,
can pls. someone tell me how I can figure out which approach runway is active in PF3 resp. How I can change the runway during the flight. I'm having the issue that in the flightplan of my CRJ900 from Aerosoft the runway e. 27 is given, but ATC does dircte me to a different one. What am I doing wrong.
Any tip appriciated.
Heinz

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Arrival runway
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 pm

PF3 first checks for arriving and departing AI traffic and will use the same runway the AI aircraft are using. If no AI are detected, PF3 makes an initial runway assignment based on wind, then periodically rechecks for AI activity. If AI are later detected using a different runway, you may be issued a runway change to match the AI.

You can control which runways PF3 will assign to YOU for takeoffs and landings. Click the SIDs/STARs button, type the airport's ICAO code, and press Enter. On the airport runway list, you can designate (at left) whether each runway is to be used for takeoff only (T), landing only (L), both (B, the default) or closed entirely (X). If for example there is a 27L and 27R, and you want to land on 27L when the airport is landing to the west, designate 27R as either takeoff only (T) or closed (X). Remember that these preferences apply only to the runways PF3 will assign to you, and do not apply to AI traffic.

Last edited by Dan77 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:12 pm

To change runway mid flight or closer to destination then hit CTRL+SHIFT+W in that order.
In real life runway changes do occur,so personally i wouldn't have an assigned runway in your plan,more so if using a weather engine/programme.
Use ACARSX for destination weather see the manual for further info.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 am

The real problem though is when there is a cross wind. This confuses the H out of the sim and AI. One has the sim, AI and a weather engine all having different ideas. There is not much that can be done in those circumstances though.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
wezhei
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks to all of you for your explanations
heinz

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: