OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

how to exit hold

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Ashun
Post subject: how to exit hold
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 am

I was flying from ESSA to EGLL and i was asked to hold at LAM. I followed hold and descended to flight levels as per ATC instructions. Initially i was told to hold for approximately 18 minutes but i never received any instruction to leave hold even after 25 minutes. Even ATC chatter with AI also stopped in the middle of hold. When i reached critical fuel levels, i had to leave hold and follow approach and landing without ATC.

Is it possible to request exit hold to ATC?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: how to exit hold
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:56 am

Please zip and attach the debug_monitor.log file from the flight so we can get a better idea of what happened.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 am

Ashun wrote: *  Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 am

Is it possible to request exit hold to ATC?
In real life you would eventually have to declare a "Mayday" which would involve low fuel. Though you would probably have discussed that with ATC before having to call it.
Having never had your problem I can't tell if it would work in PF3.
But we need to see your logs to see what happened in your case.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm

My guess is without seeing the logs that it could be a missing sound file or files or corrupt ones with not hearing any ATC either..

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 am

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm
My guess is without seeing the logs that it could be a missing sound file or files or corrupt ones with not hearing any ATC either..
Or not maintaining a listening watch and the call was simply missed. Without the logs this may have to pass as it was extensively tested and works fine.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 am

vololiberista wrote: *  Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 am
Dave Leesley wrote: *  Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm
Or not maintaining a listening watch and the call was simply missed. Without the logs this may have to pass as it was extensively tested and works fine.
All my AI traffic goes to VHHX. Non goes to VHHH. This is to simulate just how busy Kai Tak was. The hold at Cheung Chau CH was pretty much a guarantee also.
Here is a night landing with a lot of AI plus company traffic
The instruction to enterthe hold comes just after 5 mins. And it starts to get interesting after 20mins.
So you can see how maintaining a listening watch is critical (especially with other company traffic). This is why in many countries including the UK and Italy the RT exam for new pilots is a 100% pass mark only!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: