OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Batch / Automate adding SIDs / STARs

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Batch / Automate adding SIDs / STARs
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:36 pm

If flying the SID I would make my first PF3 waypoint STINS, which you will cross regardless of which runway is used for departure. Before STINS you will not be vectored if using the SID option in PF3, so you would enter WESLA or SIPLY in your FMC. If you do not want to fly the SID, your PF3 flight plan would simply be (KSFO) GOBBS DUBRY etc. and you would not activate the SID function in PF3. You would then be vectored off the runway (whichever runway you depart from) to your first waypoint (GOBBS).

Last edited by Dan77 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:51 pm

May I suggest you download my Presets Package for the SimRandomizer:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2572

I included an additional Manual that might shed a light on the SID / STAR usage in PF3 for you - even if you don't want to use the SimRandomizer at this time.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cnoblesd01
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
May I suggest you download my Presets Package for the SimRandomizer:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2572

I included an additional Manual that might shed a light on the SID / STAR usage in PF3 for you - even if you don't want to use the SimRandomizer at this time.
This looks like a great tool! Thanks!
Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:36 pm
If flying the SID I would make my first PF3 waypoint STINS, which you will cross regardless of which runway is used for departure. Before STINS you will not be vectored if using the SID option in PF3, so you would enter WESLA or SIPLY in your FMC. If you do not want to fly the SID, your PF3 flight plan would simply be (KSFO) GOBBS DUBRY etc. and you would not activate the SID function in PF3. You would then be vectored off the runway (whichever runway you depart from) to your first waypoint (GOBBS).
AHH!! Okay, I've done a few flight with and without ATC and a few with ATC doing both "vectored" and SID/STAR procedures.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! This has taken out a lot of learning curve frustration in understanding the differences!

Cheers all!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: