OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Rough time converting to Prepar3D v4 from FSX:SE

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
7X7VirtualPilot
Post subject: Rough time converting to Prepar3D v4 from FSX:SE
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Attempted a flight and crashed the sim shortly after takeoff. Expect I have a setting not correct as I have yet to get ATC to work with Prepar3Dv4. PF3 was working great with FSX:SE. Problem was FSX:SE was crashing at the end of my long haul flights due to the expected OOM condition. So, on to Prepar3D.

About 2 min into the flight the screen went black and stopped processing. PF3 attempted to send the log file but that failed due to a timeout, I expect of too much time trying to send the log. I've enclosed it here. Am using the latest version of FSUIPC5 as well as Prepar3Dv4 and the PF3 that has the fixes from the '91' problem of a couple weeks ago. I do run a networked system with ActiveSky for Prepar3Dv4 on a second machine. That part is working fine, unless it is causing the crash and it is not indicated. Have also included the flight plan. KIADKSFO01.pln

Am tempted to clear the disk and start the whole install process for all the software over again, this time going very slowly and taking lots of notes. But first, would like to see if there is anything obvious in the dump log/datasets.

Thanks for any help...again...as always,
George

Attachments
KIADKSFO01.zip
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
pf3_error_report_20170924_144024.zip
(390.66 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

[ img ]

Capt George - @7x7VirtualPilot

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Rough time converting to Prepar3D v4 from FSX:SE
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:04 pm
Site Admin

I'm afraid the error log simply shows FS became unresponsive
Quote:
24-Sep-17 14:40:12: 300 - Problem reading hotkey data! (dwResult=13)
24-Sep-17 14:40:12: 300 - Attempting a retry...
24-Sep-17 14:40:12: 300 - Wait 10 seconds...
24-Sep-17 14:40:22: 310 - Retrying now...
24-Sep-17 14:40:23: 400 - Problem reading hotkey data! (dwResult=11)
24-Sep-17 14:40:24: 500 - Problem resetting hotkey data!
24-Sep-17 14:40:24: 570 - ****** Fatal Error Detected!

****** Unable to continue... Report Error Displayed!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Thanks Dave. Not what I had hoped to hear but not surprised either. As I've said before the fact that any of this works is amazing to me. Have also had trouble with the Corsair Utility Engine system that controls my fancy gaming mouse. I de-installed it and PF3 before trying again with the same result. Another culprit could be ChasePlane. After this last crash, it too attempted to send a dump to its mother ship. Am so very close to the ultimate sim I had envisioned 38 yrs ago when I got my TRS-80 Model 1. But not to be, at least not yet. I'm going to list the addons that I can remember and ask if any others here have been successful creating a stable sim environment.

Hardware:
Saitek Pro Yoke
Saitek Throttle Quadrant
Saitek Rudder Pedals
VRInsight MCP Combo II for Boeing
TrackIR

Software:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit "Creators Update"
Prepar3D v4 Professional v4.0.28.21686
FSUIPC5 v5.12
WideFS client (on 2nd PC)
LINDA v3.0.2 for P3D 64-bit (Interfaces between FSUIPC5 and both VRInsight and Saitek hardware)
PF3-ATC
ChasePlane v0.3.144 Beta Exp.
ActiveSky for P3Dv4 v6403 (running on 2nd PC)
Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition for P3Dv4
Ultimate Terrain X for P3Dv4 (all that have been released)
Ultimate Traffic Live for P3Dv4
Addon airports from:
FSDreamTeam
FlightBeam
Aerosoft
UK2000
etc.
PMDG 777-200/300 for Prepar3Dv4
PFPX
TOPCAT

Again, thanks Dave for looking at this. If anyone reading this has had success or failure with these titles, please let me know. My next step is scrub the disk and install the world one addon at a time and try to make it fail. Ugh.
Cheers,
George

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am
Site Admin

Why not try uninstalling then one at a time.... Takes longer but you might be lucky and find the culprit without having to start right from scratch?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:22 am

dmarch wrote: *  Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am
Why not try uninstalling then one at a time.... Takes longer but you might be lucky and find the culprit without having to start right from scratch?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
You've certainly got a "heavy" set-up! That it all works at all is pretty amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if the weather engine is a prime suspect. Nowadays all these add-ons all try to do something extra and start interfering with each other.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Decided to start over, this time taking notes and installing layer by layer, something I didn't religiously do the first time around. I've had very good luck with ActiveSky so that is not my prime suspect. All of this worked on FSX:SE except for the OOM issue. I've waited years for 64-bit and now that it's here, time to upgrade. Fully expect bugs, just trying to minimize. This is my ultimate SIM system as anything further would require the contents of Fort Knox (the US gold repository) and I don't have the keys to the Fort. :D One strange thing in my book is running multiple releases of SimConnect simultaneously. It worked in FSX so it should work here and am using the SimConnect that comes with P3Dv4. If I have a prime suspect(s) it would be FSUIPC5 and/or LINDA. A lot going on between those two.

Another issue is whether to run with hyper-threading. FSX was kind of designed to run on multiple cores but had no use for multiple threads via hyper-threading, i.e. more than one thread per core. Is that also true with P3D? Maybe Santa will bring me an 8 or 10 core CPU without HT. Wondering if anyone has tried Threadripper with P3D. Intel still holds sway over IPC (Instructions Per Clock) and in FSX that was the key. Not knowing exactly what was modified/updated in P3D makes it hard to judge which direction to run with current tech.

With any luck will have an update by this evening.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 pm

It now appears, fingers crossed, that the problem lies with the mouse software. Have left it off and no crash, which is a disappointment. The mouse has over 12 buttons and works wonderfully, when not crashing the system, as a way to control ChasePlane. Mapping the camera movements into the mouse works well. Sadly the controlling software, Corsair Utility Engine, was recently updated and well...

So, on to the next (final?) issue. Just reinstalled PF3 and went in to modify the SIDs/STARs screen. Due to the requirements of Prepar3Dv4, I've had to add and run Addon Organizer for Prepar3D in order to set up things properly to run Makerwys.exe as part of the build/rebuild of the PF3 Database. For reasons that I haven't discovered, one addon airport (so far, maybe others), KIAD (Dulles Int'l) is not showing up with the new runway that is modeled in the addon from FlightBeam. The file runways.csv, runways.txt and runways.xml all show the 4 runways, i.e. 01L/19R, 01C/19C, 01R/19L and 12/30. Am looking for any ideas where this process might have broken down.

Thanks for any and all help!
George

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 pm

No updated runway due to user error! Go figure. One must (that would be me :oops: ) make sure you check the P3D Data on the SIDs/STARs screen. Another note for my install notebook to be sure.

Live and learn.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Have tried several more flights. It's not the mouse software. The jury is out on the video card. Have run stress tests and does not fail but when P3D fails it looks like the video driver has "crapped out". The system runs fine during the run up to the flight, then about 10 min into the flight the sim crashes. Going to run additional stress tests on the entire system. The opsys never crashes and things like PF3 and ChasePlane continue to work, though they have nothing to communicate with. Major head scratching at this point. Am now looking for dumps.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

At some point in the past I had regular crashes in FSX, in my case they were caused by sound card drivers. After updating them the crashes were gone.
(I'm not saying that your sound card drivers are the culprit, just that seemingly unrelated things can cause trouble)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: