OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

First impressions and minor troubles

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
kmax59
Post subject: First impressions and minor troubles
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi all,

After a looong hesitation because there was no "in sim menu" to chat with ATC, I finally decided to let a chance to your software and a get a copy of PF3: I don't regret at all !
I liked the overall immersion in the demo, but compared to the main competitor, the full product is just amazing. The sound quality, for most of the voices, is absolutely stunning. After trying many ATC softwares, I've never felt that close to the reality, you can really be proud of your work on voices and sounds in general, I am sincerely amazed.

I regret there is no navigraph support, hopefully it will come one day and enhance the software further and would make its use even easier and more realistic especially for SID/STAR (Would it be that complicated to add it?). I would really like to see that one day but that said, I don't feel it's absolutely necessary (doesn't mean don't consider it, just mean take the time you need to do it if you ever think about it).
Also, it would be great, as it's already been suggested, to be able to "modify" or at least make the software ignoring some of the waypoint in the FPL (in the case the fpl would contain some SID/STAR points like pfpx pln files do).

Other than that, I think this is a great ATC program which has a HUGE potential. As also being a developer (not a programmer though), I can imagine how hard it's been to reach such a result. Dave, if you keep enhancing it this way, if you keep listening to users as you seem to do until now, I am certain it will become the absolute must have for everyone searching for a realistic ATC.
By the way, I saw there was "only" 2 voices with french accents, if you ever one a 3rd one, I'd be happy to help ;)

About my few troubles now:
- First, I am not able to get the Closed caption in a FSUIPC display window, all messages are shown in the green horizontal bar on top of the P3D window (but I hate them and usually hide them using FSUIPC). Did I miss a setting to make the ATC message appear in the FSUIPC display?
- I don't fully understand how to request another runway at departure, in the user manual it's said that we must ask for another runway once the ground give me the runway. However, it just skiped to the next TGS waypoint instead of asking a new runway. What did I do wrong/misunderstand?

Congrats again for this great job ! :D

Maxime
TOGA projects founder & developer

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: First impressions and minor troubles
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 pm

kmax59 wrote: *  Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 pm
- I don't fully understand how to request another runway at departure, in the user manual it's said that we must ask for another runway once the ground give me the runway. However, it just skiped to the next TGS waypoint instead of asking a new runway. What did I do wrong/misunderstand?
Glad you like the software. Regarding the second question, once you have been assigned a departure runway and TGS is active, you must deactivate TGS first (hotkey 1) before requesting a different runway. The key combination to request a new runway has a different function (skip to next taxi waypoint) when TGS is active, so deactivate TGS and then make your runway request. After the new taxi instructions TGS will come on again with the new data.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 pm

kmax59 wrote: *  Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 pm
- First, I am not able to get the Closed caption in a FSUIPC display window, all messages are shown in the green horizontal bar on top of the P3D window (but I hate them and usually hide them using FSUIPC). Did I miss a setting to make the ATC message appear in the FSUIPC display?
Do you have "FSUIPC Multiline Display Window" activated in the FSUIPC Menu?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kmax59
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answers :)
Quote:
Regarding the second question, once you have been assigned a departure runway and TGS is active, you must deactivate TGS first (hotkey 1) before requesting a different runway. The key combination to request a new runway has a different function (skip to next taxi waypoint) when TGS is active, so deactivate TGS and then make your runway request. After the new taxi instructions TGS will come on again with the new data.
Okay, I'll try that then. I forgot to ask the same question but this time during the approach. When using the VCP, he immediatly confirm the runway suggested by ATC. Then how am I able to request another one when it's already been acknowledged?
Quote:
Do you have "FSUIPC Multiline Display Window" activated in the FSUIPC Menu?
Yes it's ON

Maxime

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 am

kmax59 wrote: *  Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am
I forgot to ask the same question but this time during the approach. When using the VCP, he immediatly confirm the runway suggested by ATC. Then how am I able to request another one when it's already been acknowledged?
You can make your request in the usual way even after VCP has acknowledged.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kmax59
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 am
kmax59 wrote: *  Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am
I forgot to ask the same question but this time during the approach. When using the VCP, he immediatly confirm the runway suggested by ATC. Then how am I able to request another one when it's already been acknowledged?
You can make your request in the usual way even after VCP has acknowledged.
Uhmmm thanks

That's weird as it didn't work, I'm wondering if there's no hotkey conflict interfering there. I will investigate and report back ;)

These are minor troubles anyways, my English is not perfect but good enough to understand ATC without the need of writen instructions and I'm sure I'll find the reason why the runway change didn't work.

Maxime

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 am

You should be able to request a different runway after one has been assigned. Maybe the request was detected and it did show up in the display but was difficult to see. If it happens again you can zip and attach your PF3\Logs folder after an affected flight and we can have a look.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 am
Site Admin

Thank you for the feedback and kind comments.

If you experience any problems please ZIP and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder so we can actually see what's happening and determine if it's a bug that needs fixing or maybe something you are not doing correctly.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
kmax59
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:21 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 am
Thank you for the feedback and kind comments.

If you experience any problems please ZIP and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder so we can actually see what's happening and determine if it's a bug that needs fixing or maybe something you are not doing correctly.
You're welcome, it's much deserved I'm first one who was surprized as I didn't thought I would be so much satisfied after only 2 flights.
Sure, I'll try what was suggested by Dan and RAFL and if I'm still having troubles I'll send your the log file :)

Maxime

Profile Quote
ScottecLEMG
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Guys

This software can only be described as the best kept secret. I stumbled across this purely by accident, but so glad that I did. I tried the demo for like 2 hours and then bought the full programme.

I am in newbie mode at the moment, but this software is just what I have been looking for; proper sounding ATC with regional accents.

It is a little different to the software I previously used but, a learning curve is good good for the soul.

One thing I have noticed is, although I have ATC chatter enabled, I don´t really hear any. Maybe it is a setting I need to tweak. Also, the SIDS/STARS take a little getting used to but all in good time.

Best regards

Ken

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: