OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to install Voice Pack

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
RD700
Post subject: Unable to install Voice Pack
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 am

I am having difficulty installing Voice Pack. My OS is Windows 7 64. This is basically my initial installation. I began with a CD (Aerosoft ver 1.84) installation. This was successful. I then used the accumulative installer and installed PFE ver 2.11.0. This too was successful. For these installations, I made sure my security software was not active. However, when I installed the Voice Pack, I received the warning that something was amiss, possibly caused by my security software. I followed the post on correcting a bad install, running pfe_v26_system.exe, however I did not have Xinstall3.exe in the PFE main folder. I read the posts which recommended using the cumulative download—but that is what I had just done. I then uninstalled and reinstall the voice pack following the instructions in the post that indicates voice pack installer only recognizes PFE version 2.0. Still no good. I then attempted to run the Vista 64 patch but the patch would not run at all. So, as they say, I’m quickly running out of airspeed and altitude. One additional symptom of this install is no pilot voice available to select under option 1. Would greatly appreciate any assistance as the few short flights I had sans the Voice Pack were excellent.

Thank you,
RD

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Unable to install Voice Pack
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am
Site Admin

RD,

What exactly is the message you're getting when trying to install the voice pack?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RD700
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Mr. March,

In order to answer your question, I uninstalled the “bad” install and re-installed the voice pack, ver 1.00. I did this with my security software “F-Secure 2010” unloaded. After the install, the instructions said to open and close PFE. When I did that, I received the following warning.

WARNING! This installation is ‘possibly’ not complete and some of the new voice calls may be missing!

These calls are generally checked and updated (if necessary) each time you run PFE, but it’s possible a security feature on your system has prevented PFE from running an external EXE file.

To rectify this please visit our support forum at http://www.AVSIM.com and check the post named ‘How to rectify a suspected bad installation’.

If you choose to disregard this warning message PFE might not work correctly and you may find your flights aborts unexpectedly!

I have followed that post which says:

“From the main PFE folder double-click pfe_v26_system.exe and wait 30 seconds

From the main PFE folder double-click Xinstall3.exe and wait 30 seconds

Now download the following file and unzip it into your ...\PFE\FS2000\ADV\Wav folder.”

However, I cannot complete the second step because Xinstall3.exe is not present in my main PFE folder.

Also, “None” is listed as the Pilot Voice under Option 1. No other voices are available. PFE would run, but as expected the conversation was one sided—the controlling agency, not the pilot.

Thank you for the quick response.
RD

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 pm

To be clear you are supposed to open and close PF2000 after installing the voice pack, not PFE, I'm not sure whether PFE was a typo on your part or not.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm
Site Admin

RD,

If you would like to email me I'll send you a copy of the XInstal3.exe

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RD700
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:30 am

Andy,

Amazing what can happen when one reads carefully. :) I was opening and closing PFE, not PF2000. Thank you for catching my error. Following the correct procedures, the voice pack installed correctly.

Mr. March,

I will email you as I would like a copy of XInstal3.exe.

Thanks again,

RD

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 am
Site Admin

You don't NEED a copy of that file if everything is working correctly. It's an install file, not a runtime file. If you ever have issues again just download the accumulative update installer

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: