OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

IFR - LEBL El Prat, Barcelona to LEMD Barajas, Madrid

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
JohnY
Post subject: IFR - LEBL El Prat, Barcelona to LEMD Barajas, Madrid
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:11 pm

There's something gone wrong!

Lately I have had no navigational guidance after take off. After going unreasonable distances after take off, on this occasion in the opposite direction to my flight plan, I have taken matters into my own hands and corrected the bearing myself. Finally I get the message the proceed with my own navigation.

When I'm approaching the airport I'm being given runways that don't actually exist. This is a case in point. They gave me a runway 30 to land on when it should have been 33.

Please ignore the silly message I got regarding landing on runway 18 when I was already on the ground runway 33L.

The third problem is I'm having no success with latching on to ILS lately. I haven't had that problem for years and although I'm not sure that's a P3D problem I wonder if you can propose an explanation please?

Log attached.

John

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(428.08 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: IFR - LEBL El Prat, Barcelona to LEMD Barajas, Madrid
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Regarding your first issue, I only took a very fast look at this but it appears you have the SIDs box ticked on the SID/STAR page. If you do, you are telling PF3 you do not want vectors after takeoff because you are flying a procedure and you will need to get to your first waypoint on your own. If you want vectors, untick the SIDs box.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:11 pm
When I'm approaching the airport I'm being given runways that don't actually exist. This is a case in point. They gave me a runway 30 to land on when it should have been 33.
I don't see a reference to a runway 30. You were initially cleared for approach at pilot's discretion for 15L. Later, AI were detected using 36R and PF3 switched you accordingly. You later requested an instrument approach and were given 18R.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:54 pm

23/04/2017 15:15:54: 200 - Transcript: '  Juliet Charlie Yankee 633 at Charlie Juliet November Descend to 4 thousand 5 hundred on 3004
    Cleared to final for Sierra Tango Approach runway 15 Left at pilot's discretion Contact Tower on 118.07  when established.  '
23/04/2017 15:19:03: 680 - Transcript: '  Juliet Charlie Yankee 633 Runway change   Juliet Charlie Yankee 633
    Continue present heading at Charlie Juliet November Descend and maintain 4 thousand 5 hundred on 3003
    Cleared to final for Sierra Tango Approach runway 36 Right at pilot's discretion Contact Tower on 118.07  when established.  '
Is it possible that you mixed up QNH and runway number?
The third problem is I'm having no success with latching on to ILS lately. I haven't had that problem for years and although I'm not sure that's a P3D problem I wonder if you can propose an explanation please?
FAF settings in PF3 look good, so that shouldn't be the problem.
Which aircraft do you use?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am

Blimey Dan. How did that get ticked? I don't remember doing that!

But, the runways I have for Barajas are 18R, 33L and 33R. So there's a discrepancy there. I'm not sure now but I think I landed on 33L in the end. What I do know is it was correctly marked '33L'.

The funny thing was, the ground controller thought I had landed on 18 and gave me instructions to turn right off the runway. I turned left because that was the best way to the airport from 33L so it wasn't until I got permission to taxi to the gate that I started to get directions.

I was using the Real Air Duke for this flight and my young lady co-pilot seemed to end up as confused as I was! :lol:

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm
Site Admin

JohnY wrote: *  Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am
But, the runways I have for Barajas are 18R, 33L and 33R. So there's a discrepancy there. I'm not sure now but I think I landed on 33L in the end. What I do know is it was correctly marked '33L'.
The runways for LEMD are are 15 left/right, 18 left/right, 33 left/right and 36 left/right
Quote:
The funny thing was, the ground controller thought I had landed on 18
That was the runway you were cleared to land on... 18 right... and it looks to me as if that was the runway you actually landed on too !!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Yes, well, it would Dave wouldn't it? They told me to land on 18 but neither PF3 nor the tower actually know's where the 'plane is. Only where it should be when on approach. It took a bit of time after I got off the runway for me to get into a position where the PF3 taxi guidance system picked me up with the bloke saying; 'continue straight on'.

Anyway, I'm just hoping that having unticked the SIDS & Stars thing it will have all cured itself by the time I next fly, which, by the look of things here will, with any luck be on Wednesday so you can watch out for squarks on Thursday. :lol:

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
The funny thing was, the ground controller thought I had landed on 18 and gave me instructions to turn right off the runway.
But you did, didn't you?
Quote:
I turned left because that was the best way to the airport from 33L
But you weren't on runway 33L, were you?
Quote:
so it wasn't until I got permission to taxi to the gate that I started to get directions.
That's normal procedure, you wouldn't get directions before being cleared to tax.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: