OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Arrival at Destination Question

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
RetiredFE
Post subject: Arrival at Destination Question
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:41 am

I've just got MCE and PF3 setup and am having problems upon reaching destination airport and being handed off to tower. The tower says something to the effect to report entering pattern for landing. On remotetext it says c\s\y = yes to accept runway whatever. I am using Multicrew Experience for communications but when I report entering the pattern I never get a response. So I assumed by typing csy that I would be accepting runway 36 for landing. When I typed csy it locked my FSX up. I am assuming by not typing in the c\s\y that is what caused the problem. But is there any reason tower will not answer my radio call upon entering the pattern for landing. This is the only time so far I cannot communicate with anyone. Next question should I be asking this question on the MCE forum? Any direction someone can give me would be appreciated. I have to say PF3 and MCE for the most part work great together. Both outstanding programs. Thanks,
Rodger

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Arrival at Destination Question
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:47 am

Generally to find out if it is a PF3 issue or an MCE issue just try and press the appropriate PF3-hotkey manually. If it works then, it probably is an MCE issue.

Regarding your problem when entering the pattern it is an MCE issue, I think.
I also didn't succed to report the VFR pattern legs via MCE. I discussed that with MCE support and they said they would be working on it.

I haven't been in contact with them about this for some time now, because I was more focussed on airliners lately. So I suggest you also report that to the MCE support. Maybe they already have some patch for you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 am

RetiredFE wrote: *  Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:41 am
I've just got MCE and PF3 setup and am having problems upon reaching destination airport and being handed off to tower. The tower says something to the effect to report entering pattern for landing. On remotetext it says c\s\y = yes to accept runway whatever. I am using Multicrew Experience for communications but when I report entering the pattern I never get a response. So I assumed by typing csy that I would be accepting runway 36 for landing. When I typed csy it locked my FSX up. I am assuming by not typing in the c\s\y that is what caused the problem. But is there any reason tower will not answer my radio call upon entering the pattern for landing. This is the only time so far I cannot communicate with anyone. Next question should I be asking this question on the MCE forum? Any direction someone can give me would be appreciated. I have to say PF3 and MCE for the most part work great together. Both outstanding programs. Thanks,
Rodger
Do you mean c\s\y=<ctrl><shift> "Y" as that is the PF3 default setting not "c" "s" "y"

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:18 am

"c\s\y = yes to accept runway" only appears when you ask for a different runway.
If you attach the zipped PF3/Logs folder, we can see what command was sent by MCE to PF3, which you can then use to get help from the MCE community.

If you really typed the "Y" key, your sim was probably just in slew mode, press "Y" again to return to normal flying.
As vololiberista said: C/S/Y means "Ctrl-Shift-Y" here (or whatever keyboard combination you assigned in PF3 for yes and no, I use Ctrl-Plus and Ctrl-Minus on a separate numeric keypad which also has a Ctrl key)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 am

ThomasAH wrote: *  Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:18 am
"c\s\y = yes to accept runway" only appears when you ask for a different runway.
If you attach the zipped PF3/Logs folder, we can see what command was sent by MCE to PF3, which you can then use to get help from the MCE community.
Probably MCE falsely sent the hotkey for the different runway request. That also occured to me sometimes when reporting entering the VFR pattern.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RetiredFE
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

RALF9636 wrote: *  Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:47 am
Generally to find out if it is a PF3 issue or an MCE issue just try and press the appropriate PF3-hotkey manually. If it works then, it probably is an MCE issue.

Regarding your problem when entering the pattern it is an MCE issue, I think.
I also didn't succed to report the VFR pattern legs via MCE. I discussed that with MCE support and they said they would be working on it.

I haven't been in contact with them about this for some time now, because I was more focussed on airliners lately. So I suggest you also report that to the MCE support. Maybe they already have some patch for you.
Will do thanks, Ralf

Profile Quote
RetiredFE
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:18 am

If you really typed the "Y" key, your sim was probably just in slew mode, press "Y" again to return to normal flying.
As vololiberista said: C/S/Y means "Ctrl-Shift-Y" here (or whatever keyboard combination you assigned in PF3 for yes and no, I use Ctrl-Plus and Ctrl-Minus on a separate numeric keypad which also has a Ctrl key)
Ok, now I understand. I'll attach those files hopefully this evening. Thanks for your help.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: