OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Declaring an Emergency

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
vololiberista
Post subject: Declaring an Emergency
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:23 pm

Twice I have had to declare an emergency. Once because the telephone rang and today because it was time for supper. However, I have noticed two anomalies. The first being that I am not given a choice of airfields. In my first emergency I was routed to a small airstrip with no facilities, no lighting and a rwy far too short for a VC10. In the second I was told to turn left 345 and head for LFPY where in fact it would have been better to head for LFPG. Also ATC told me to descend to 2,000 feet and then asked me to "Request IFR for FL40". I discussed this with my co-pilot and he did not seem to know the correct response. Nor could I find one in PFE Display. It did seem rather contradictory and ATC were not very helpful. Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTyv8f-_8Mw.

I elected to head for LFPG unnanounced. Fortunately there was no conflicting traffic. In an emergency I need to choose the airport and ATC need to be with me all the way (as per the video).
Vololiberista

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Declaring an Emergency
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:11 pm
Site Admin

So are you posting a problem or a change request?

I know exactly how it 'works' in the real world, but this is not the real world, this is a simulation. If you want it 'as real as it gets' I would suggest you don't answer the phone whilst flying nor cut the flight short for supper. :lol:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: