OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Multicom and Unicom with AI question...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
drumsart
Post subject: Multicom and Unicom with AI question...
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi,

Please, would it be possible to hear the other aircraft's announcements on the Multicom and/or Unicom frequencies ?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Post subject: Re: Multicom and Unicom with AI question...
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:01 am

Oh yes, that's on my wish list, too.

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Anyone from the team please about this subject/request ?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:39 am

I'd like to have this, too.

I recently removed the Tower frequency for EDWO (which is about 2NM from where I live), which Aerosoft added to make FSX's ATC happy. Then I added a Unicom frequency, so I'd like to have this, too.
I did not realize that PF3 does not talk to AI on Unicom, and thought it was a problem due to my manual change.

I'll add it to the internal wish list.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 am

Thank you Thomas 8-)

I noticed that when I landed on an uncontrolled airfield ... There were three planes waiting on the runway threshold after making my 'On Final' announcement (great immersion 8-) )...but no AI talking.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

Profile Quote
Rasterfahnder
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Is it realy not possible to get AI Traffic on Multicom? I am searching for days to find an answer/solution why I dont hear anything from traffic on multicom. PF3 is such a good addon it never occurred to me that it might be possible AI-Chatter was not implemented.

Still the best ATC out there, I would buy the function of traffic announcements from AI-planes on multicom/unicom frequencies as DLC.

Keep up the good work but please consider adding this. Flying with PF3 is so much fun but nearly getting virtually killed on the runway by approaching traffic is not. Even if it is not unrealistic to fly in uncontrolled airspaces where radioequipment is not mandatory, being able to here with AI-traffic to me is much more fun. Other Airplanes just dont make propper traffic pattern flights to watch out for me taking of. To avoid them it would be great to hear them without going back to FSX stock ATC.

If PF3 can do this I would appreciate any help or advisory how to get callouts from Traffic on multicom. I am using FSX steam + MCE + UT live.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm
Site Admin

It is on the list of things to look at. The main problem is PF3 does not control AI traffic, that is down solely by FS so we really have no way of knowing what other traffic is doing other than which 'mode' it's in i.e. taxiing, taking off, landing, etc, etc. Yes we can tell if the aircraft is turning, climbing or descending and all this information is used to provide our normal chatter, but trying to emulate Unicom/Multicom chatter is much more difficult. There is no way of knowing if an aircraft is turning to base for instance or flying downwind or VFR or IFR... certainly not without lot of monitoring/processing.

I'm not saying it's impossible but it is a much bigger task than you might think.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rasterfahnder
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Thank you Dave for your reply. I really appreciate your work. PF3 and FDC impressed me very much. As far as I am aware of OnCourse Software always seeks perfection with there products and achieves that very well. Also great support. Now I can stop searching and start flying again. And just maybe one time I will get an AI-pilot announce something like "Six miles from airport, landing runway" or "Taking of" on multicom. They do not fly any patterns anyway and always fly straight in as far as I am aware of. If not I will still enjoy my flights.

Also have to ask a native english speaking friend of mine to help me write a good review on simmarket in the next days. In proper english.

Thanks for your efforts

Bennet

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:11 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
And just maybe one time I will get an AI-pilot announce something like "Six miles from airport, landing runway" or "Taking of" on multicom. They do not fly any patterns anyway and always fly straight in as far as I am aware of.

Well that would be a simpler approach (excuse the pun!)... I will give it some more thought
Quote:
Also have to ask a native english speaking friend of mine to help me write a good review on simmarket in the next days. In proper english.
Thanks you

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: